Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

weed cutter question

spi

DSCF0597.thumb.JPG.256b0295cdfb12c8f61ad4d03768bd52.JPGHey:

I acquired this a couple of weeks ago, and it works pretty good. I just have a question. When mounted on the tractor does it sit square with the tractor or is it supposed to be angled to the left like this one.

Doesn't seem to make a differance how it cuts, am just curious is all.

thanks

JimDSCF0596.thumb.JPG.e5a3d21dc8075124e8d76030d7ff87e6.JPGDSCF0595.thumb.JPG.4f8e9799315394952432f292b4628f57.JPG

I don't think the angle makes much difference.  With angled, it will cut a smaller swath and therefore reducing the load.

Wish I had one.  I have an old deck and an extra front plow.  I plan to modify the deck to hang on the plow frame.  In my mind I see it doing the same job.

Supposed to be angled like that. Supposedly designed to help push the taller cuttings off to the side rather than just bulldozing over them

• Like 4

20 hours ago, SmilinSam said:

Supposed to be angled like that. Supposedly designed to help push the taller cuttings off to the side rather than just bulldozing over them

thanks, didn't look like it was bent anywhere

20 hours ago, wwbragg said:

I don't think the angle makes much difference.  With angled, it will cut a smaller swath and therefore reducing the load.

Wish I had one.  I have an old deck and an extra front plow.  I plan to modify the deck to hang on the plow frame.  In my mind I see it doing the same job.

If I hadn't found this building something out of an old deck was in the planning stage.

What size pulley are you using on the engine? The pulley called for in the manual is I believe 4-1/2 O.D but I am assuming that's just measuring edge to edge, not where the belt rides. I'm thinking it's likely the same one used for the snowblowers.