Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Status of Loader Plans?

JDSnyder

Kent If the loader subframe extends past the BGB and also attaches to the transaxle area will there still be the concern of over stressing at the BGB housing? Ben

Ben, The problem is that the current plans have NO subframe, just a cross-bar that the loader mounts to... It was designed for a Cub, which has a full-length frame. To minimize stress on the BGB, you'd want a subframe that attached as close to the rear axle as feasible... Kent

.... which would likely mean taking the loader assembly off the tractor every time you wanted to use another attachment, which would s**k. Seems that there should be alternative way to shore up the BGB (as in this previous post) and still be able to use other attachments-[A href='http://spider.smig.net/users/bfrondal/B1_loader.html']http://spider.smig.net/users/bfrondal/B1_loader.html[/a]

A while back Kent took an informal poll on interest in having PF Engineering design a subframe for his loader that would fit Allis/Simplicity. Was there sufficient interest to prompt him to do that? Jeff Snyder

Dave, That's why I'm trying to arrange for him to look at a fellow member's B-112 with L-112 loader to see an original subframe that could remain on the tractor and allow you to use the mower deck... While the way the B-1 was reinforced might work, you still have a LOT of weight/force concentrated on the last couple inches of the tractor's frame where it bolts to the BGB... But I think (opinion only, with NO experience) that such a reinforcement might be OK on a 700/7000 series which has a stronger frame up front.... I'd personally like for the subframe to be as close to the orginal, tried and true one as possible... the loader design itself isn't nearly as critical to me, though I don't like the CAD-plans single-arm style... Last thing I want to do is literally break my tractor in two... Kent

Jeff, There's been little recent progress. Paul is still interested in modifying his plans to fit at least one of the old Simp/AC models, but I haven't been able to deliver him a "test tractor" to work with... for a variety of reasons. Hopefully, we can get him started on a set soon. Meanwhile, I think his current plans could be modified to a 700/7000/7100 model without a whole lot of problems.... This would NOT address the stress point of where the BGB bolts to the frame with only 4 bolts however.... Kent