Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

what is my serial number?

I purchased a Simplicity model 7016 hydrostatic drive 16 hp b/s with a 48" mower deck. The model number of the motor indicates a september 73 build date so I am guessing that the tractor is a 1974 model. I called Simplicity publications to order a operating and parts manual and they said I needed the serial number in order to order the correct book. I have looked all over the tractor, including inside and outside the frame and cannot find the serial number tag. On all other simplicity tractors that I have looked at it was on the tag in front of the seat in the gear shift area. That area on my tractor is covered with a sticker indicating operating procedures. I cannot feel a tag underneath the sticker and i don't want to tear up the sticker to find that there are no numbers underneath. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to come up with the serial number? clydem

If its a '73 model the ID# is; 990871 for 3416H or 990872 for 3416S If its a 7016H the 1st yr. they were made was '75 ID# 1690006,,Sounds like someone poped an old motor in it,,OR changed blower housing?,,

Clyde, your other post said you had a Vickers hydro. This leads me to believe that you have a 1973 3400 series tractor, I wonder if someone changed hoods or decals. Because a 7000 series would have a Sunstrand hydro in it. Mike S.

The Large Frame Garden Tractor Service and Repair Manual is the one you want. Rev 4/2001 TP 500-0973-01-sv-sma is the manual numbers. It actually covers everything from Model 725 on up. Both hydros are covered so whatever you have you'll find it...Plus they are making things difficult. No matter what you tell them, you will be sent the same book.. Use either of these mfg numbers.. 1690427,1690429 Woody