Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower

Ron_B

Hi Boys. Need info on self propelled lawn mower.Have no choice have to buy one. What is best make, HP, front or rear drive.And anything else you think i should look for.I dont want to make mistake they run around $5to6 hundred up here in my area.Not to cheap.--Thanks Ron B.

The answer is simple....Toro model 20037 I like selling that model over anything else I have sold. The "Personal Pace" Self propel system is really slick, and tough, too. The rigid cast aluminum deck, 5 year warranty, and proven briggs engine make it tough to beat. But hey, I get paid to say that at work...so take it as you will. Mark from Scott Landscaping(at Home).....BTW my 20 yr old toro is still mowing just fine..[A href='www.scottlandscaping.com']www.scottlandscaping.com[/a]

I prefer Toro with the front wheel drive system but don't know if the new models are front or rear drive. I agree with scottope regarding the rigid deck. Toro is hard to beat. Roy

Thanks-Scott and Roy for the info,.Jeff cant use 4041 the mower is for a fellow that takes care of my rental properties.Its a lot simplier for him to haul a mower around but thanks.Marty and Dick thanks,you guys are a great influence on a young fellow like me.---Ron B

MTD Ranch King Pro - As I was walking into the local Farm & Fleet store, I overheard a "claimed" lawn care professional say "The Pro means for professional use," as the Farm & Fleet small engine repair service technician took the "Raunch" King Pro lawn tractor for a ride in the parking lot with the transmission making a loud clunking noise. Ever notice how many of those tractors are piled up waiting for service?