Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Which Tractors have Limited Slip

SteveP

My lawn has a little slope to it and in spots I spin out. I like to find a tractor that has limited slip. Don't need anything huge like a Sunstar, 9020, etc, something a notch down. Which ones should I look for. Thanks Steve

If you're talking a used machine, a notch down would be a Sovereign / AGCO 900 series. They have "limited slip", give a beautiful cut, and are very versatile machines. You could even consider the Landlord or Broadmoor (another notch down) if you're mostly interested in mowing. If you're looking at new, check out the Prestige or Conquest. No matter which you choose, keep the rear tire pressure low to reduce spinning.

Dutch I have a D/A 1616 which would be a LT Series Broadmoor. From what you said this should have the limited slip. Or is Traction Control the proper term.

Simplicity usually refers to their "limited slip" as "Controlled Traction Differential" or "Automatic Traction Control". It works well but is not the same as "limited slip" as found in cars. On some the larger garden tractors the "limited slip" requires proper adjustment to function properly. I'm not familiar with the DA 1616, so I'll defer to other members who know what they're talking about.