Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Found this in my drive tonight

SmilinSam

You lucky dog... Since you already have one loader, how much do you want for this one? Kent

Truly, life is not fair. We have been a dealer for almost fifty years, I have never had a chance to work on one of these!

MPH, I couldn't resist taking it for a spin around the yard before I took a picture. A friend of mine in Ohio called up last week and wanted to know if I wanted an old 2012 loader tractor at a Simplicity dealer he was buying some stuff from. I said I guess so if I didn't have to pay any more to get it back here. I really didn't think I'd get it and wasn't really serious about. Came home last night and there it was sitting in the drive! The tractor itself is one big piece of junk. A lot of good parts including what appears to be a good strong engine. But, the frame is all welded up with braces and gobooee, only has 2nd and reverse gears( 1st and 3rd are out). No side panels, wrong rear wheels, no upper grill, seat deck is broken, and the seat sits on a welded up riser. The loader however is not as bad. It has reinforcement plates welded here and there, all of which would be all right if cleaned up with a grinder and repainted. The bucket pins have been welded in place for some reason, the bucket has had 3" lips welded on it making it a little bigger. The bucket also has been rusted with lots of pitting, a few small holes, and some reinforcements welded to the back side. It still seems solid overall though. There is a strap welded from the weight box to the tractor drawbar, and the side supports from the loader frame to the bevel gearbox area have been welded on some. But, the pump works great, and the performance of the whole machine is great, and the loader group looks to be complete. Works alot quicker and more smooth than my Quickway, though I wouldn't trade it for the self leveling and power down features on the Quickway. At the moment I would'nt know what to ask for it. It wasn't exactly cheap, as these things never are.I am strongly thinking of ebay for a try with a reserve. You guys tell em what its worth, I'm not going to put a price on it yet. Need to play with it some more..........

Heres a link to more pictures.[A href='http://members6.clubphoto.com/ericson516076/645797/guest.phtml']http://members6.clubphoto.com/ericson516076/645797/guest.phtml[/a]

Sam, it don't look that rough in the pic, dad always said some people should not be allowed to have a welder..MPH

It don't look too bad... if you are 20 -30 feet away. I'm still using that same cheap digital camera I bough a year ago, thats why it looks so nice. Actually I have all the parts here to restore the tractor frame except for the uppper grill. Thought about putting both my loader tractors on Ebay in a "winning bidder get his choice of ONE" then I'd keep the other. Just toying with the options, as I don't have time to restore and repaint both. Sam

Well Sam. I must admitt after them photos that ole girl has had some rough use. Wonder if just good hard use with a loader is that hard on these old tractors or if one need to think thier on a 966..MPH

Most of this kind of damage is from operators trying to dig with them by ramming the loader and tractor into the packed material . These were more designed to handle loose material, not really meant to dig with. As rough as this one may seem, I have seen much much worse. I bid on a loader just like this one 2 years ago that needed all new hoses , a new pump, a new bottom in the bucket, was missing the mount that bolts under the front of the tractor, and was cracked and bent all over. I gave up at about $450 or so and when I quit someone else jumped right in and ran it up to about $600 before they quit. The buyer never even hesitated in his bidding. Bid on another this spring that was in worse shape than the one I have here, and had to quit at $850. Again, opposing bidder wouldn't let up at all. I just ordered up 8 ton of road rock. That ought to give this old girl a good test spreding that around where I need it.