Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

looking for parts

hornet

ive picked up a jc penney 494....from what ive learned its the same as a simplicity 7013s.if im looking for parts what other makes models can i search under to find them?i heard allis chalmers had parts that interchanged as well.thanks for any help.

Welcome to the site.

Depending on exactly what parts you're looking for, pretty much any large frame "Simplicity" tractor will have parts you can use.  Most "mechanical" parts (engine, driveshaft, BGB (bevel gear box), trannys) are the same, but with updated "parts".  Since you have an "S", that's one type of tranny, but you could swap in a straight gear tranny or hydro tranny.  Frames and sheet metal aren't as interchangeable.  

So any Simplicity 3000, 7000, 7100, and "Sovereign" (newest large frame "name"; there were "Sovereign"s in the earlier tractors, but they were a "type").  Also Allis 700 and 900 series tractors are basically re-badged large frame Simplicities).  Allis 300/400 tractors are different, but do share some of the mechanical items.  

A good way to check and see if parts are the same or updated, is to download your tractor's parts list and the potential donor tractor's part list and compare part numbers.  A site like Jack's or Partstree will usually show superseded part numbers.  

Also some mechanical parts from FDTs (earlier "foot dragger tractor" - no running boards) can be used.  

I'm sure others will add comments and correct any errors I've made.  

PS - Simplicity manual download info is listed in the second "sticky" post at the top of this forum.  You'll need the MFG# for your tractor to get the correct manual.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the site. Come on back again and stay for a while. Tons of great guys with excellent info and answers to any and all your questions. Thanks for joining us. Make yourself at home

• Like 1