Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Melt down all grader blades

MPH

MPH, I was just given a good blade last weekend. Spring loaded for snow plowing. Not from a Simplicity, but so close that it will find it's way to the front of my AC 716 before long. Do you feel that I need to bolt the blade blade solid (defeat the spring loading) for use in leveling my driveway? Haven't had a usable blade in several years, but will soon. Gives me more reasons to drive my tractor. I found a good reason to have a hydrostat tractor. My youngest son won't drive it. He wanted to do all of the driving with the three speed machine. Now I get lots more seat time without making Mama angry for not letting the kid help. Sometimes us old codgers have to be sneaky so that we can play too. Rod H.

MPH, is the snow all gone, are the rivers open, whens the first salmon run? post a pic Doug

Rod, if your driveway is old and packed hard you would have to bolt it solid, just go slow so you don't put yourself over the steering wheel if you catch something hard. My front mount blade won;t touch my driveway rock. I was useing my belly mount yesterday. Doug, there are still snow piles around, most the rivers are opened around here with ice on the banks and graylig trout running. First salmon should be Kings about end of May. MPH

After 2 hours of redoing the drainage of my driveway this evening, which is made of 'natural' gravel. This stuff starts about 6 inches down and goes all the way to Anartica, and varies from sand to 8 inch 'bones'. The ability of my grader blade to deal with it and leave a nice job when done while giving me so much fun at the same time, lead me to the conclusion that any piece of metal that is that much fun will have to sent a man straight to hell and thus should be melted down and made into shovels or something. Just too much 'footdragin' fun...MPH