Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmers 620 Tie Rod Ends

Kartman01

I am in the process of trying to find replacement tie rods ends for the tie rod and drag link on my Allis Chalmers 620.  My understanding is replacement

tie rod ends are no longer available from Simplicity.  I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this problem and if there is a compatible substitute available.

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 hours ago, Ronald Hribar said:

it has been a long time

but I THINK Jeep has same tie rod end

Jeep tie rod ends for sure, just not sure what year/model jeep. I would start at NAPA and look at late 60's CJ tie rod ends.

Jeep tie rod end

John U

Edited by midnightpumpkin
added info
  • Like 1

I picked one up at my local small engine parts store for my 65 Landlord for about $12 last year. I took the best parts from the 2 I removed, cleaned, made a new seal from rubber hose, worked the ball through the hose with a little elbow grease and brake fluid, and it looks original. While I had it apart, I packed it with heavy wheel bearing grease

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 9:50 PM, Kartman01 said:

I am in the process of trying to find replacement tie rods ends for the tie rod and drag link on my Allis Chalmers 620.  My understanding is replacement

tie rod ends are no longer available from Simplicity.  I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this problem and if there is a compatible substitute available.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You can try here, they show that they have them.

https://powermowersales.com/view_cart.asp

Screenshot_2020-01-22 Welcome to Power Mower Sales - Get fast shipping and low prices .png

• 3 months later...