Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need some advice.

lzamp11

The 76' would have the headlights standard, inside the grill. Should also have a six speed transmission. Thats a 3 speed with the high/ low range standard. They are not a bad outfit to have and use as long as you don't try to over work them mowing heavy grass too fast. They make nice roto tilling tractors too. That price is not bad if its all in fairly good condition and the engine isn't a smoker. Sam

Thinking of buying a 76 7010 tractor here in my area. Is that a good tractor? Is there anything I should look for mor then just normal were? Does anyone have a pic they could send me so I can get an idea of what size it is ? The guy selling it said it is in al around good condition. Comes with 42" mower, ploww,dozer blade, weights chains and a good size trailef. All for $550. Any advice would be appreciated. Might restore it but was leaning toward a twin cylender . Thanks ou. loupeg4@attbi.com

Here's a 7010 I sold last year. The decals may or may not be the same. Sold the deck for $225 and the tractor for $325 as I got no takers on it for $525. Worth more if it is a hydro. Not much demand for a 3 speed like this one. Brent http://ourworld.cs.com/bcbaumer/7010_1.jpg

Also, the grill may be different. I don't know when the switch was made from the style above. The one above is a '75 with decals from a later model (I repainted it). See "new in '75" under the simplicity link on this site's home page for more info. $550 isn't a bad price at all for that package, considering what new costs. Brent

Hey, thanks very much for that info Brent. I havent seen the tractor yet so I have no idea what shape its in, not sure if its a hydro or not. Thanks for the input. Lou.

Great looking tractor, Brent! Nice paint job! You gonna paint the shed next? Paul

Paul, that's the kid's clubhouse. Only had white outdoor paint at the time. Gonna repaint it soon if it will ever quit raining. Brent

I have an AC 716 same as a Simplicity 7016 except the grille. I have a 10 Hp B/s instead of a 16 Kohler on it right now. I guess that mostly makes it a 7010. I love it. Don't have the 16 Hp anymore (needed some money a few years back). May install a 14 Hp Kohler that I am rebuilding. Got 4 tractors and 7 engines now. Too many decisions! Rod H.