Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JonetteP

Tractor pullers k-361s

dlcentral
Dont want to hit spectators with flying parts!just kidding,, I never saw one run in pulling,, eng of choice is K301 either stock or modified to pump out 40 hp,,A guy here has a 920 AC diesel with a 3 spd.now that puppy can pull!,,

HubbardRA
In our organization K321 is used for the small stock class (14Hp flathead required). K341 is the engine used for the Pro Stocks. An 18 Hp can be used is a couple of our classes, but since we don't participate in those calsses, I am not sure exactly what they use. I think they are mostly 2 cylinder. Rod H.

PeppyDan
I pulled with the 18 ohv about 7 years ago. This engine is very strong for pulling IF the head is in good condition. The valve seats have a tendency to get loose in the head, resulting in a dropped seat(read as busted head, big dollars for a new head). The tractor and engine is still very competitive today. The person I sold it to is still pulling with it and has never tore the engine down.

MikeES
This year we are going to pull with the K361. I know they are strong engines, and a number of pullers (Cub Cadets) have the 18hp in them. I do know that they do not hold up to Pro-Stock or Super Stock (high compression alcohol) compared to the flat heads. They tend to break at the crankcase cylinder transition. Mike S.