Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-112 Parking Brake

kfran

There should be a wing type bolt on the rt side of the tractor frame that screws into a linkage rod. Took mine off and used the bolt on the gas tank hood..MPH

My Landlord was missing the parking brake screw lever when I got it and I was told the part was no longer available from Simplicity. I ordered a star knob from Rockler, the woodworker's catalog with a bolt stud on it and screwed it into the slot. It works fine and looks good, too. I belieive the hole is a 3/8" with a 16 thread. Jeff Snyder

I have a B-112 and was wondering if there is supposed to be some type of parking brake mechanism. I haven't noticed anything on the tractor. Thanks.

From the operator manual. To operate the parking brake, hold the brake pedal depressed and slide the parking brake lever all the way to the rear of its slot and turn the lever in a clockwise direction until it is tight. To release the parking brake, turn the parking brake lever in a counter-clockwise direction until the brake pedal is released. Woody