Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

38" HD Tiller

Alltractoredup

I finally came across a 38" HD tiller in good shape.  Drove 4 1/2 hours one way to Wisconsin to buy this beast.  

Came with complete OEM mule drive and good Simplicity belt.

My 917 does not have filter on side of trans so I'm hoping I wont have belt issues. PO did not have idler pulley and said he did not have issues so we shall see.

20200407_161416.jpg

20200407_161408.jpg

• Like 5

I think you'll be very happy with it. I've been casually watching for one of these but they're usually a little further than I want to drive or more than I want to pay. 

• Like 2

They are an unstoppable beast.  You will want some front wheel weights or other front weight setup, they are heavy enough to make it a bit tough to steer at times otherwise.  Good find!

• Like 3

Ray Stoddard makes custom brackets that mount to the front and then you can hang a couple suitcase weights on the bracket. That's what I used when I had mine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Chris727 said:

I think you'll be very happy with it. I've been casually watching for one of these but they're usually a little further than I want to drive or more than I want to pay. 

Me too, on all counts!dOd

I think one would be great for a first till before planting starts, then the Broadmoor mounted, and walk behind. 

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Tom45
    • maxwood
    • PhanDad
    • Bill725
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts