Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My shelter in place project.

minerfarmer

Did not modify the frame. The loader  had a bracket under the pump that slipped under the grill and past the front axle. All I had to do was remove the little bracket that holds the bottom grille mount in the center.

• Like 3

Love the look of that loader, and I want one even more now!!!  Nice looking rig, should be very handy around the place.  Did you do anything with the steering?

• Like 1

Got weight rack finished and weights mounted. Did add poor mans power steering to the front spindles. Working on reenforcing the seat pan now. It has some cracks in it and is a little bent out of shape.

IMG_0821.JPG

IMG_0822.JPG

• Like 5

That looks like some serious counterweight.  What do you have there 300#'s?  That'll sure keep the rear end planted. dOd

Loader manual  I saw recommended 300 lbs. in the weight box. I weighed one of the suitcase weights at 70 lbs. for a total of 280 lbs. with the weight of the bar should be close to 300.  Weights came off an old Massy Fergason combine. I just knew I would need them someday.

• Like 1

I wonder if tri-rib front tires would help with the steering when using a bucket loader. I know on my larger tractors with loaders And manual steering, we put tri-ribs on and it helped. I always wanted to get one for my garden tractor for my smaller lots. Looks great!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, minerfarmer said:

Loader manual  I saw recommended 300 lbs. in the weight box. I weighed one of the suitcase weights at 70 lbs. for a total of 280 lbs. with the weight of the bar should be close to 300.  Weights came off an old Massy Fergason combine. I just knew I would need them someday.

Lots of weight on the rear axles but, with careful use this should work. And man the look!

• Like 1