Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Blowout Kit for Regent

MichaelL

Like most Regents, mine blows grass clippings everywhere when I mow. I read about a blowout kit from Simplicity to help reduce the amount of grass blowing around on this club a while back and my dealer has the kit in stock. How tough is it to install? They said to bring it in to install it. Can I do it myself? I'm thinking I should try the kit before spending bigger bucks for a bagger. I'm sure I'll have to remove the deck which is a little tougher because mine is a '97 Regent but I can turn a wrench and use a drill. Has anyone done this job before? Thanks in advance! Mike L.

Hi, If you are handy with wrenches and depending on the deck a drill you should be able to do it. Instructions are pretty good. Good luck, Al Eden

• 2 months later...
There is a whole discussion of anti-blowkits for Simplicity tractors on http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/tractors/ A search on "anti-blowout" will get you the thread. Those who have installed the kits have very positive comments. Apparently, for some tractors, Simplicity will provide the kits under the warranty. I have a Landlord with a 50" deck and the kit number is #1686691 but I haven't contacted my dealer yet.

• 1 month later...
I contacted Simplicity directly about the kit for my Regent, and they said it was a breeze to install. I too have posted this on GardenWeb, and have had many replies. Simplicity DID NOT cover the kit under warranty, however. Bob in CT

I believe the older decks on 14 HP were not drilled, but later ones had "knock out" plugs that could be punched out (much easier) Sorry Roy - these are available only for the newer series 38", 44" and 50".