Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Model 19 parts anyone???

MPH

Checked with two shops, the only two, for crank seals and bearings and rings today for the model 19 in my 725 and was told they can't be found, time to update... HELP please..MPH

Marty, I was told by my local B&S dealer that I could not purchase a new medium flo-jet carb for my model 19d (the local guy called the local B&S distributer for the whole mid-Atlantic states). I called Jeff Nemes and he got right on it (in about a week) and got the numbers, and I got a brand new medium flo-jet carb. I think the problem is with the equipment used to locate the parts. Alot of the newer parts are located through computers. The older stuff is located through a micro-fiche. I believe that the newer parts #s on B&S parts do not jive with the older parts #s. I think that that is where the problem is. Has anyone else found a similar problem? Another time I went to a newer B&S dealer and wanted a set of points for a model 19d. He looked at me like I had three ears!!!! He never heard of a model 19d!!!!. You just got to be patient and you will find what you need. I have a guy looking at my model 19 magnamatic and is locating seals and stuff right now, I should find out early in the week I will let you know the parts numbers when I get them. John H

Need to know if any letters after the 19, I have older Briggs service manuals that cover the older number engines. I would be willing to give you the parts listed in them. I have found in the past that some of the part number are still good.

All the #'s on the ole girl are "model 19", Type 706047, serial # 642342. I have the grill off so I can see the plate good. Thanks guys..Oh John, I understand the 3 ears look, one guy kept trying to look up 190000 series and I kept telling him the 19's and 19D's were before those. MPH

According to my manual you do have a Model 19, with no letter modifieder. According Jack's small engine Briggs parts database all parts are availiable except seals. I have no way of knowing if the parts numbers are still good. Please let me know if parts numbers are good, since I need to rebuild my 23D. I agree with john that you have to find someone in business for a long time who is willing to take their hands off the computer and get out old manuals or mircofiche. Try looking for someone with gray hair, I know that this worked with my other red tractor. seals 290932 bearings 29530 sub part # 691069 gasket set 294736 rings std 292100 10 over 292101 20 over 292102 30 over 292103