Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Not AC or Simplicity

720nut

Was hoping maybe that someone familiar with John Deere can tell me where to find #'s on a John Deere 110 round fender tractor I just got

If not allowed I'll delete

DSCN3651.JPG

DSCN3652.JPG

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tadams said:

sorry no help here

Tom diehard Allis Chalmers guy , just couldn't pass this up after everyone talking about them

Edited by 720nut

I have owned a few over the years ..I like the round fenders. 

Location: Serial number plate below the steering column on the Deere 110.
photo of 110 serial number

1963: 2550
1964: 3551
1965: 15001
1966: 40001
1967: 65001
1968: 100001
1969: 130001
1970: 160000
1971: 185001
1972: 250001
1973: 272001
1974: 310001
Edited by fishnwiz
  • Like 1

Very cute - I was just at my neighbor's who has one of these in his family since new in '62. He is working on it to continue the legacy to his grown son. I was interested in the "variable drive" that looks like a sliding variable-diameter pulley arrangement in front of the 3-speed manual transmission. Yours has it - the short ratchet handle on the right side. I think some of the early Simp/AC's had something similar.

• Like 1

Father in-law just sold his restored one at the dispersal auction, last summer.

Otherwise I could have gotten you some shots.

He won at least one trophy for slowest tractor with the variator set-up on the trans.

• Like 1

Massey and AMF lawn tractors of the same era had the same variable speed belt setup and I believe peerless transmission.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RAC said:

Massey and AMF lawn tractors of the same era had the same variable speed belt setup and I believe peerless transmission.

It's also interesting to compare attachment designs. I'm comparing his Green (actually they are yellow) snow thrower and rototiller attachments to the A/C ones I have. They're really beefy looking, but also have very complicated hookups and drive mechanisms - steel bars, pulleys, springs, hinges, etc. everywhere. On the one in your photo, the blade attachment with its angle adjustment is a good example. Also I've noticed that all the Deere mowers seem to do a really rotten mowing job - He has several tractors with various types of mower decks including a brand new tractor that scalps and chops badly.

I am not anti-green - these are just casual observations.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

We had a MF 10 tractor when I was a kid. Essentially the same tractor as the JD 110. Didn't handle high grass very well, which made that variable speed drive pretty handy. Of course it was only a 10 hp tractor, so... FWIW, the MF 10 was a really nice looking little tractor.

• Like 1

Is any one year more desirable than others, not familar with the Deere's

Considering restoration but I know what I had in the B 207 and what I was able to get out of it ?

19 hours ago, AC710 said:

Very cute - I was just at my neighbor's who has one of these in his family since new in '62.

If I am not mistaken, 63 was the very 1st yr for the round fenders and that yr the fenders themselves were made of fiberglass. The 63s command a premium price because of the fenders.

11 hours ago, MARK (LI) said:

Pre 1968....when the round fender design was changed...the round fenders are very Collectible...the squared off ones are not considered as desirable

https://www.gardentractorparts.net/JohnDeere110.html

I couldn't see the # real good but looks like 88, xxx . I'll look closer tomorrow if I get time

This site is awesume , if I'd ask this question on a couple others not being AC or Simplicity they would have just ignored me because it wasn't orange , this is why I love this site.

Edited by 720nut

Seems to be a lot of green coming out of the closet, er garage, on this orange site.

Edited by PhanDad
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, PhanDad said:

Seems to be a lot of green coming out of the closet, er garage, on this orange site.

It's the virus. Color blindness is a side effect.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, BLT said:

Mine is a 1967. Call it my "Dumpster Darling" That's where I found it.

JD60Ags.jpg

Bob got to ask but why the ag's on backwards, sweet little tractor

10 minutes ago, 720nut said:

Bob got to ask but why the ag's on backwards, sweet little tractor

No reason and to the truth, hardly anyone mentioned it for all the shows I went to.

• Like 1

I have an early Deere 210 with the variator and a 46" deck. The tractor is build like a brick house with a much beefier front axel and steering. It takes a football field to turn around though. Not much of a turning raduis. Tractor was quasi restored at one point so it looks nice. The Kohler 10 hp runs good but its a little underpowered for the deck size in tall grass. 

The deck goes on and off pretty well but the cut is typical Deer. It does scalp and because the blades are all on the same plane, it leaves wind rows sometimes as there is no blade overlap. As the blades wear it gets worse. Transmission is pretty bullet proof though and in 4th gear, variator all the way out, it flies. One of the fastest stock lawn tractors I've ever been on.

• Like 1

Picked up the deck today and really looks nice considering the age, may just swallow my pride and restore the ole girl

DSCN3681.JPG

DSCN3682.JPG

• Like 1

Ya dun good!...a lot of the ones you find are missing the sheet metal that covers the pulleys and belts...that is a good one!

• Like 2