Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

MF2920

MF 2920H clutch Koehler CH20S

MF2920

Can anyone help me on getting the correct PTO clutch? I’ve ordered clutches with part# 1714637SM. This is the part # out of the Massey Ferguson 2920H parts manual. Problem is that each one comes looking correct with dual belt pulleys but 1 inch bearings. I have an original Kohler CH20S with a 1 and 1/8 crankshaft not a 1 inch. I think MF may of messed up in their parts manual. I know this tractor was made by Simplicity for MF but MF chose the Kohler CH20S motor. This has given me fits. The clutch on it works fine except it has bad bearings. There is no # on the clutch that is on it now. Thank you for replying. 

PhanDad

You don't state your tractor's MFG#, but I did find MF MFG#1693132 has a 20 HP Engine.  (The equivalent Simplicity Legacy MFG# is 1692870.)  

A page from the parts manual: 

image.png.7baeaf14c9dfe919a37250fc14a99505.png

Shows a different part number for the electric clutch - 1686881SM (Part 7). 

Note 20, 23, & 25 HP Kohler engines are listed (part 19).  

Are you sure you have the correct parts manual? 

PS - The equivalent Simplicity Legacys had the same Kohler engines as MF.  

MF2920

PhanDad thanks for helping with this. I have the right parts manual. I think it’s just wrong #. Got the correct part today and it works. Correct part # is 1686737sm. I looked up the other parts if someone wanted to order specific parts for the clutch. It references the parts to # 1708527 in parentheses.  This number is listed in the description to the right of the part #s. So I googled that and came up with a whole clutch assembly part # 1686737sm. Which references a Simplicity Sunstar.