Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Engineless 7119

GWGAllisfan

I decided to buy another tractor, based on a post here in the eBay forum. So after contacting the seller, I went to get it. Looks like a fairly decent possibility for the command engine I bought last fall.

I know everyone loves pictures, so:

9772F373-1072-4CE8-9293-9AD663B0889A.jpeg

Came with a box of assorted, kt19 parts. Haven’t dug through it all yet. Muffler is likely the best part.

1B87DEC0-36BB-4372-8652-79F58C07651E.jpeg

Hood was already off, so ready for new engine.

36168063-E2F5-4CD7-8220-B2277E46721C.jpeg

Here’s what made it worth the trip. Hydraulic lift. I know I will likely have to retire a lot to convert from the battery ignition to the command magneto. I have to research that.

814AD940-69E7-4EE3-8FAC-501E4D71AFC0.jpeg

Has one new tire. Carlisle, even

D505CF22-7B44-4BAB-B914-8489715874E1.jpeg

Worst view. Looks like battery leakage. Maybe I can touch up.

The plan is , once my new shroud and drive adapter for the command come in, to try to get it going. May need some advice, but we’ll see how it goes.

Edited by GWGAllisfan
More details.
  • Like 1

Based on this, does it look like I need to get the other driveshaft? Does anyone have a copy of the mounting template from the Eden kit?

My previously written thoughts on driveshafts for a Command repower (of a dead Triad Tractor):

“Your Triad driveshaft is the correct length to work with the rubber coupler. Next would be a KT-17 driveshaft with the short nose. Several folks are running this way without issue. IMO, I think running a rubber coupler is better than the spacers used in Al's kits after the rubber couplers were NLA.

Best is the Command driveshaft with the long nose since the long nose fits in the Kohler front driveshaft adapter and does the centering; the rubber coupling only has torsional forces.”  

The KT driveshaft nose is shorter since the KT engine adapter extends into the rubber coupler while the Command’s doesn’t.  Interesting that the KT engine adapter attached to the driveshaft of your tractor is mounted backwards:

image.jpeg.03e611fc15cfbffc65e199cf25eee589.jpeg

I’d use the KT driveshaft and be on the lookout for a used Command driveshaft.