Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Late 90's Broadmoor

kwt

So my brother recently came into the possession of one of these rigs. He likes a lot of things about it but complains about grass blowing out the front left of the deck while mowing. I looked at it and all seems good. Is this a regular thing with these 44" decks?

53 minutes ago, kwt said:

So my brother recently came into the possession of one of these rigs. He likes a lot of things about it but complains about grass blowing out the front left of the deck while mowing. I looked at it and all seems good. Is this a regular thing with these 44" decks?

I really miss Al. He had so much insight into engineering and what was going on at Simplicity in general. Here is a thread with his comments. https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/19313-simplicity-deck-old-vs-new-questions/?tab=comments#comment-275909

• Like 3

Look under the deck and see if there is a blow out baffle bolted to the  inside front edge on the left side. Its just a angle iron type thin plate .

large.DSCN2313.JPG.921f1acdb62e3fb075c10

All the 44's I have had including the 2 here now have only this plate on that side. The 50's I have and have had, have a plate on both sides.

They dont stop the problem, but they do help some

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...