Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anybody replaced a seat on a Legacy?

MARK (LI)

This suspension seat is available for a reasonable price...actually very reasonable...I know a guy who put one on a Cub....about a year ago and he still likes it.....the problem is that the slope on the Legacy's seat pan  won't allow it to be used..without modification that would make it really high...and the location of the transs fluid fill is inconvenient.any one have any luck with any thing else?...My seat is shot...and a marine upholstery place wants 400 bucks to recover it

https://www.atwoods.com/beco-universal-tractor-seat-with-adjustable-suspension.html

SEAT.jpg

Edited by MARK (LI)
mis spelled word

I just measured the bolt lt pattern and bought a similar one to the original off Ebay. Seen them in farm stores as well. The one I got is not quite as comfortable as the original, but it works. Cost me about $130.

• Like 1

I replaced the seat on my Leg XL.   Couldn’t find an acceptable replacement so bit the bullet and called the dealer.  They gave me a deal but it was still expensive.

• Like 1

@MARK (LI) I too went the TSC route on the cheaper $100 https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/60372-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-today/?page=40&tab=comments#comment-509636 

The $160+ TSC seat is a direct fit I believe but as @RAC said above - this one if comfy. There is a seat off a new Skag listed on CL at a good price now but I really don't need back stock:S

The TSC county line seat pictured on my Legacy is on sale for $109 right now, $129 when I got it. (Listed as a Kubota replacement)

Edited by RAC
  • Like 1

RAC...thanks again for the tip on the sale price...I did get it for the 99.99 price.....had to drill 2 holes to make it fit...comfortable!

DSCN4712.jpg

DSCN4713.jpg

• Like 3

I kept the safety switch in mine but I did glue a extra puck of foam to the top of the switch button so I don't have to be so firmly seated to keep the switch triggered.

3 hours ago, RAC said:

I kept the safety switch in mine but I did glue a extra puck of foam to the top of the switch button so I don't have to be so firmly seated to keep the switch triggered.

Me too but I may have to do that as my safety switch is a tad touchy with this seat. 

I like that seat quite a bit!  Are there holes for armrests?  I am adding armrests to my mowing XL...I had them years ago on an early Legacy and Soverieng and loved them.  I'm now mowing too much nto to do it with that creature comfort.  I have one excellent OEM seat and one with a couple splits, and the cost of the OEM armrests is ridiculous.  I could probably buy the County Line seat and armrests (if such a thing exists) cheaper than just the OEM armrests alone.

No holes for arm rests.....check the seat in the link in the first post...suspension seat with arm rests....but for a Legacy it would boost you up too high I think.....only 89 dollars for that one

image.thumb.png.083dc95e62dee3c1f99a3844dee28d4b.png