Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

we are seeing yellow today

s_stephen

dad and i went to a auction in princevill il today and had a nice yellow load and 1 small pice of orange.20200715_152431.thumb.jpg.3df6072bd62508cad17e43101135027c.jpg20200715_152440.thumb.jpg.ad9a2451c6f8c4a42d576b959fdc854d.jpg20200715_152452.thumb.jpg.fe46f5ffb5e3948d73e65131d8b6d775.jpg20200715_163748.thumb.jpg.74779a19f3384f118d9bfc17973c40f2.jpg20200715_163800.thumb.jpg.78f53430ece6157a792fd5cf6fd6db0c.jpg20200715_163817.thumb.jpg.e2073b818080d3ee2287d25112ef0d57.jpg20200715_163841.thumb.jpg.3042aa1747d141ff8b051d89a413b149.jpg20200715_163827.thumb.jpg.7aec37a71423daab56e2b25835823afb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GregB said:

All yours or did Sam get in on the action?

he got 3 of the tractors pictured. b210, big 10, parts b12 and 1 weed mower

A lot of stuff there.  

Thanks for sharing the pics.  

I'm curious as to what you plan to do with it all.  How long do you figure it'll take to move it all along (if at all)?  

Here is the Big Ten I picked up. Pretty sure this will run with a litlle cleaning up and tuning. Engine has great compression.

medium.DSCN2340.JPG.7100e78221be3ed4c7bc

medium.DSCN2338.JPG.31fc13996bc7c067f106

Missing a side panel...  has original muffler..Tires in retty good shape...

medium.DSCN2339.JPG.13dd1a646f5861a74990

Neither one of the headlights is original, but the headlight bar is. Must have had a snowblower for it at one time...

medium.DSCN2345.JPG.d148a72aeab1e82da159

And a tiller...

medium.DSCN2343.JPG.3374e362fce50faac0fd

One of THE nicest original seats I have ever seen. Vinyl is still soft and pliable only two small tears, one in each inside corner of the armrests

medium.DSCN2341.JPG.d8e5eebdba93f3f44032

Even still has the original paper mfg # tag firmly stuck to the seat pan.

medium.DSCN2344.JPG.057311ea4b4f45413e2c

Some off color paint on this side of the tractor. Otherwise the rest of the tractor lookss pretty nice in it original paint. Thinking of just trying to carefully clean and polish it up to keep it original.

I am apparently the second owner. The estate sale was for the original purchaser. The original owners manual came with this tractor and notations inside say tractor was deliverd to the buyer by John Bliss on 2-24 1967.

Engine numbers date the engine from mid June 1966. I was born in mid July, so this tractor could very well be real close to the same age as me.

Will post some more pictures of the other tractors when I get them home.

The B-210 is said to be a running tractor, but needed some carb cleaning or something.  The colfax mower I got needs some serious re working to put back to original. May need @gwiseman to send me some pictures of his for reference. Stephens Colfax mower  he got today  in better shape,  but has also been altered form original.

Where to put all this stuff now.....?

Edited by SmilinSam
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PhanDad said:

I'm curious as to what you plan to do with it all.  How long do you figure it'll take to move it all along (if at all)?  

i plan to put my weedmower on the compleet b12 and use it. the hb212 i will remove the hydro lift for another one of my tractors and sell off the rest of the hb212. the d15 industrial is going to get a tune up, fix oil leaks, give it some fresh paint and use it.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, PhanDad said:

A lot of stuff there.  

Thanks for sharing the pics.  

For the time being with the stuff I looted,  just fix and play....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chris727 said:

Looks like a great haul guys! That is an awesome find on the Big Ten. 

Well Chris , it was an interesting haul too. Only the HB and the Big Ten were at the auction along with the basket case colfax mower and all the snowblades Stephen picked up.

In fact the auctioneers had the colfax mower and the deck for the 310 Allis  sitting in the scrap iron pile they were going to sell last. I talked to the auctioneer who then pulled them out of the scrap pile and put them in the row with the lawn tractors. I didnt want to buy a tandem load of scrap to get the attachments.

The only old tractor we did not buy was the 310. It was a relatively nice 310D with electric lift and a electric clutch, though the gearbox was pretty loose. It had a real nice and complete 80's 46" heavy duty blade with it, along with the deck I drug out of the scrap. Nice servicable deck too. One patch, but otherwise way better than you normally see. Cant believe they tossed it in the scrap because they thought it was cub cadet. Stephen ran it up to $200 and quit. A guy bought it for $210. Good thing because we did not have room for it anyhow. Darndest thing was the buyer was griping about having to take the deck too....

Well, after I bought the Big Ten, a older gentleman tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I wanted some more of those yellow tractors.9_9 Of course I said ...sure, how much $$?  He said nuthin, just clean out my shed.:x. So while we waited for the D-15 to sell we ran down the road to his place and had a looksee.

On the way down he said he already gave a truck and trailer load away some months earlier.  Got there and found the B-12 & deck, B-12 parts tractor, B-210 with tiller, and the colfax mower with buzz saw blade on it. Had to twist his arm to get him to take some money, but he eventually relented and we paid him commensurate to what we were paying for stuff at the auction. He even loaded the tractors for us with his Deere loader tractor. Had a nice talk with him . Apparently hes being doing what we all do with these tractors here on the club for years. Just getting too old and time to get out of it I guess.

Pretty interesting day.

Edited by SmilinSam
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

WOW, quite the haul , that D15 would come in pretty handy around here, lol

Good to know that when we reach that point in life that they all will be going to good homes 

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SmilinSam said:

Some off color paint on this side of the tractor. Otherwise the rest of the tractor lookss pretty nice in it original paint. Thinking of just trying to carefully clean and polish it up to keep it original.

I am apparently the second owner. The estate sale was for the original purchaser. The original owners manual came with this tractor and notations inside say tractor was deliverd to the buyer by John Bliss on 2-24 1967.

Engine numbers date the engine from mid June 1966. I was born in mid July, so this tractor could very well be real close to the same age as me.

Will post some more pictures of the other tractors when I get them home.

The B-210 is said to be a running tractor, but needed some carb cleaning or something.  The colfax mower I got needs some serious re working to put back to original. May need @gwiseman to send me some pictures of his for reference. Stephens Colfax mower  he got today  in better shape,  but has also been altered form original.

Where to put all this stuff now.....?

@Talntedmrgreen  has that Colfax mower now @SmilinSam (was the first thing I saw in the load;)). Nice buys right there and story to go with the tractor too. 

• Thanks 1

Those mowers are an incredible find!  I had only seen the one that Gene had up until now.  

Here is Gene's old one in action

• Like 3

Sam,

If you do not already have a side panel on the shelf, I can look in my parts for the one that I took of my Big Ten when I put on the hydro lift.  You can have it if you want.

Or find a hydro lift for yours, and not need the side panel sm03

• Like 2

Got the Big ten running today. Had spark , but couldnt get it to fire. Even by putting gas in the carb. Then looked at the throttle shaft and it wasnt moving with the throttle lever. Pushed it over by hand while cranking and it popped right off. Wouldnt stay running  without either turning the main jet screw or running the choke back and forth. Replaced the fuel line and fittings. Never liked the shut off under the tank. Hate to depart from the originality on this one, but a inline shut off and filter really works best in my opinion. Also polished up the main jet needle and blew some air through the carb. Ran way better then.  Added some seafoam to the gas and drove it around the paths through my woods for a half hour. A little more adjusting and some more driving and by the time I shut her down, was running nice and smooth. The lights even work. Got to get a new pto belt and a side panel. Then other than a good cleaning its ready to putz around with.

3 hours ago, GregB said:

Sam,

If you do not already have a side panel on the shelf, I can look in my parts for the one that I took of my Big Ten when I put on the hydro lift.  You can have it if you want.

Or find a hydro lift for yours, and not need the side panel sm03

If its fairly clean and the matching original faded color, I would be interested in buying it and paying the shipping.  Going o be picky since I 'm not painting it. I want it to look like the rest of the aged tractor if possible. If it works, you gotta take some money for it for sure, as I  just didnt have to pay much for  this tractor. Wont hurt me to put some more $$$ into it.

As to a hydrolift. I dont know about adding anything. Thought about putiting the hi/low on this tractor and the tiller, but do I want to alter it? This thing has history, documentation, and hasnt really been altered since new( other than the fuel line and battery cables...and replacement light pods.).

10 hours ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

Those mowers are an incredible find!  I had only seen the one that Gene had up until now. 

These two  we just got make 5 total I have seen in person.  All of them found at farm sales, or bought from old farmers. Thats counting the one Ed England had.

Edited by SmilinSam
  • Like 4

got the b12 and b210 running just put in fresh gas and battery charger and they both poped right off. not so much on the hb212 as the wiring is compleetly hacked up.

• Like 5

On 7/15/2020 at 6:03 PM, s_stephen said:

he got 3 of the tractors pictured. b210, big 10, parts b12 and 1 weed mower

You MUST be mistaken !  Sam told us he is no longer buying tractors!  You must have him cunfused with someone else?  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fishnwiz said:

You MUST be mistaken !  Sam told us he is no longer buying tractors!  You must have him cunfused with someone else?  

Couldnt help myself...

Surrounded by enablers ya know666...myself being the worst&:)

Bought 5 now in the last 30 days or so..

Whats really bad is 4 of em are yellow footdraggers...

Just no hope is there.....?

Edited by SmilinSam
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, SmilinSam said:

Just no hope is there.....?

Nope

You're doomed like some of us.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

for what he paid for them he might as well stole them nobody could pass that up

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• PRMax9020
    • Tarheel
    • gwiseman
    • TheFlash300
    • BLT
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts