Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Please help with 7117 throttle problem.

KevinD

Had to remove the battery. Just removed straps from the tank and tipped forward as far as possible. Reached in and tightened the locknut. Works fine now. Thanks for the tips. Kevin Dankmeyer

My 7117 has a problem with the throttle. I push it forward for full throttle, and within 10 feet of mowing it comes back down to just above idle. I can see the lever moving as the tractor runs. This just started happening the last two times I used the tractor. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Kevin Dankmeyer

My first suggestion would be to remove the throttle cable and lubericate it. Sounds like it is binding up inside the houseing. This & $1.00 might get you a small coffee Maynard aka/UCD

If the cable is okay, check the throttle lever. You'll have to remove the fuel tank to get behind it. There is only one nut holding the linkage and washers to the lever. If that nut came loose there won't be any "drag" on the lever to stop it from moving when vibrated.

The nut is supposed to be a lock nut. I dont think you will have to take the tank out, but you will have to take the steering wheel and dash piece off for sure. Best to disconect the battery to .... Sam