Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snojetter

Simplicity 17 GTHL

Snojetter

I picked this rig up this morning. 5 hour round trip with my wife who wanted to come along.  Fun trip! Seller was a widowed gal who had upgraded to a larger mower.  Very sweet lady who was a joy to deal with. Her husband was meticulous about maintenance and it shows. 

Tractor comes with a 48" deck. Unfortunately, it was stored up against a wall in a bed of hay, so the non-discharge end has bad corrosion. Otherwise, the deck is in fantastic shape.

The KT 17 doesn't run great. I bought it with the intention of swapping in a low hour Magnum 18 from my 7117 and then sending that one down the road. It might just be a simple carb adjustment or plug change.  I'll put some time into it this weekend and try to figure it out.  It doesn't smoke though!

When I got home, it wasn't two minutes before my girls were crawling all over it.

20200731_170012.jpg

20200731_170218.jpg

• Like 5

PhanDad
2 hours ago, Snojetter said:

it wasn't two minutes before my girls were crawling all over it.

Can't beat kids and tractors.  sm01

• Like 1

Snojetter

Both girls claimed it for their own.  That led to a squabble not captured by the camera. 0:)  Guess they forgot about the other two behind the shop door...

• Haha 2

Snojetter
On 7/31/2020 at 5:44 PM, Snojetter said:

The KT 17 doesn't run great. I bought it with the intention of swapping in a low hour Magnum 18 from my 7117

Took the carb apart and found the rubber tip on the needle was coming off.  Took a week to get a new carb kit in the mail, but I installed that last night. It was late, so didn't get a chance to test it out. I'd like to mow the yard with it today, so we'll see how that goes. 

One question: my understanding is the Magnum is a Series 2 KT17 with electronic ignition.  Is this the only difference or are there other changes, big or small?

Edited by Snojetter

• Who's Online (See full list)

• BLT
    • clarence
    • Ronald Hribar
    • smalljob
    • Bill725
    • jworth
  • Today's Birthdays

1. The Bull*** Man
      The Bull*** Man
      (70 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts