Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

710 Belts

Guest jkysh

Guest jkysh

Looking for some quick help here if possible. Finally got my 710 fired up with a restored deck, new blades and a cleaned up tractor itself only to have my deck belt snap halfway through a cut today. 

speicifically I am looking for the belt that goes around the idler pulley as that’s the one that snapped. While I’m at it I’m looking for the drive belt and the top of the deck belt part numbers or somewhere where I can buy these. 

im new to this world and appreciate any help you can give me. Loving this machine 

Welcome.

Here is a link to simplicity's web site for parts lists and manuals.

If your tractor is a three speed https://www.simplicitymfg.com/na/en_us/search.html?searchrequested=1690062

If it is a six speed https://www.simplicitymfg.com/na/en_us/search.html?searchrequested=1690212

The mower deck IPL's are available also, but you need to know the size. 42" or 48", use the what fits reference page https://simpletractors.com/research/reference-info/what-fits/rotary-lawn-mowers/ to get the model number to search for it on Simplicity's site.

A lot of this stuff is here, but not sure how much you can access until you spend the $10 to join.

Best $10 I spend every year.

• Like 1

Guest jkysh

Thank you for the info. 

im looking for the drive belt, deck belt (under cover on deck) and belt that attaches to the pto lever to engage my deck. 

can I find that info on the site quickly if I pay for the membership? I didn’t know this was an option and am looking for quick info as I need to use my machine 

As @GregB said, you need to know the deck size (and possibly type) to get the correct sized belts.  

The typical belt pairs for the 7000/700 series tractors and "matching" decks are:

42":  Arbor Drive - #1656960, 84.1";  PTO - #1719746, 73.2"

48":  Arbor Drive - #1657044, 93.1";  PTO - #163011, 71.6"

The issue is over the years, many times a "non-matching" deck has been installed on these old tractors, making required belt size difficult.  

And you have original or original sized pulleys everywhere.

My 710 and my 3400 series tractors I run a 4Lx82 for the 42" deck, and a 4Lx74 for the PTO belt.

For the 48" deck the PTO belt is a 4Lx71

Edited by MikeES