Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
HTews

Hydraulic for a B-10

Kent
Howard, Here's what specs are on the one-page sales sheet: Hydraulic Lift System 900 to 1000 psi; two gpm; one quart capacity Gear-type pump Single-spool valve Double-acting cylinder Two independent float positions (one for rear and center-mounted implements; one for front-mounted implements) No special hydraulic oil needed [A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/hydraulic_lift.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/hydraulic_lift.htm[/a]

HTews
Thanks, for the information, Kent. Next question could anybody tell me the stroke of the cylinder and the Dia. of the cylinder rod. thanks again for the help. This club is the best! Howard

HTews
Hello All, I was wondering if somebody with the add on Hydraulics for the b series tractor could email the specs for the lift cylinder. I'm going to try to build my own system. but I need to know the size of cylinder. If any body knows the GPM and Pressure of the original pump that would help me to. I would ask if any body had an orginal system they would like to sell, but thats like asking for there first born. :) thanks for all your help. Howard

HubbardRA
To determine required stroke just get under the tractor and measure the total length of motion for the existing mechanical lift rod. Size of the rod in the cylinder is determined by cylinder size. Just remember that the larger diameter of the cylinder, the more force, and the slower the operation. A word of advice: Automobile power steering pumps work great for this application and are much cheaper than buying other pumps. Get one from a junk yard or take the one off your wife's car. She won't miss it. I have a friend with hydraulics on two homemade tractors both using power steering pumps. I'm planning a loader. Going to use a power steering pump. Rod H.