Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
roma3112

TO REPOLORIZE OR NOT

roma3112
HI ALL ANOTHER SLEEPLESS EVENING IN MASSACHUSETTS HERE, i HAVE A 3112H WITH A (300421 BRIGGS) LAST YEAR IN MY ZEAL TO IMPROVE THINGS I WAS AT MY DEALER REPLACING A BAD COIL ON MY 3112 (NOT I REPEAT NOT A FUN JOB) IN PASSING I ASKED THE DEALER/PARTS GUY IF THERE WAS A ELECTRONIC IGNITION RETRO KIT AVAILABLE. HE SAID SURE AND 50$ OR SO LATER I WAS IN THE 21ST CENTURY RIGHT? WELL I AM NOT SURE I HAVE BEEN TALKING TO A FEW OLD TIMERS, AND THEY SAY THAT THE FLYWHEEL NEEDS TO BE RE-POLORIZED TO WORK. I WAS NEVER TOLD THIS AND THUS PUT IT TOGETHER, iT SEEMS TO WORK FINE, STARTS RELATIVELY OK. CAN ANYBODY SHED SOME INSIGHT AS TO WHAT MODELS FIT INTO THIS "NEED TO REPOLORIZE CATEGORY" THANKS JOHN

BradW
Hello John, some motors seem to work fine without re-polarization while some seem to have problems. Really, if you don't have problems, don't sweat it! Remember, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" If you do end up ever have spark problems, pull the flywheel and have it polarized. Just a thought 4 ya,-BradW

roma3112
HI AND THANKS TO BOTH OF YOU GUYS FOR RESPONDIDNG TO MY ?, I GUESS I SQUEAKED UNDER THE RADAR A) I BELIEVE BY LUCK I GOT THE MAGNETRON ASSEMBLY B) I DONT HAVE TO REPOLORIZE, IF IT WASNT FOR THIS FORUM, I PROBABLY WOULD TAKE ANOTHER 2 DAYS OUT OF MY LIFE TO R&R THE FLYWHEEL, MY LUCK IT WOULD PROB WORK WORSE. tHANKS ONCE AGAIN FO ALL YOUR HELP JOHN