Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Possessed 6216

Scotmo

Recently I replaced my transmission belts on tracmatic 6216. I went to my local dealer and got both the diagrams for the belt installation and the belts (so far so good)Now with the new belts on, my reverse position on my shifter is my only forward gear and my three forward gears are now reverse(OUCH!)What have I done and more importantly how can I fix it.I drove it forward with the shifter in the reverse position for about thirty feet and it just died and now doesnt want to start at all.Have I killed my favorite toy?

The diagram is correct and I have had two friends double check my work. They both agree that the belts appear to be installed just the way the diagram indicates.Thanks for taking the time to try to help.

Diagrams are confussing, reverse the twist in your belt cuz its clearly turning backwards. As for not starting, I would think that is a totally unrelated situation..MPH

Definetly have to reverse the twist in the belt. Does the motor crank, or nothing ? If it does not crank, make shure that the shifter is in neutral then jumper the neutral safety switch, and then the blade clutch lever safety switch and try it. The safety switches are usually the culpret, then check ignition switch ans solonoid.