Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Vacuum collector

JohnnyRotten

I have a Simplicity #990533 vacuum collector I used to have mounted to a AC 710. I would like to mount it on my 7100 series Simplicity. Problem is.... the pto belt interferes with the hydraulic filter.  Is there a different pully set-up, or do I have to figure out how to remote mount the filter? 

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

I believe that there is an idler pulley assembly that is pretty simple, which holds the belt off the filter. I sure someone will be able to give you specific info. Should be cheap or easy to make.

Hello, Have you tried posting a want Ad ,in the FOR SALE section . worth a try

Does RAY S. make them?

or I could give dimensions of mine and you could make one.

Thanks Ken in Mi

Edited by maxwood
  • Like 1

When i was running my PECO vacuum collection system on my 75th, even with the idler pulley setup that works for a tiller, the drive belt was still contacting the filter intermittently.  I added a large stainless hose clamp to the filter to prevent it from damaging the filter:

IMG_9317.thumb.JPG.d99ef46b1cc6e6ab0b088c80059ae337.JPG

If I remember correctly, the idler pulley isn't mounted in the normal location because the PECO drive pulley isn't in the same location as the tiller pulley.  

I don't know if you would have the same issue with your vacuum setup.  

• Like 1

Thanks maxwood. The thread you shared has a nice dimensioned drawing which I can use to fab one. I looked online to buy, but the bracket alone was almost $50 with shipping. Call me cheap, but I'd rather spend an hour in the shop and make one.  With that said, does anyone know the diameter of the idler pulley?

BTW... PhanDad, you are remembering correctly, I had to play with the location of the idler pulley to make it work. I wound up using one of the factory holes on the frame and had to swivel it down and drill a new one. All good sm01

• Like 1