Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Squire 9 driveshaft help please!

Ben1981

Hello thanks for the add!! I'm changing my squire 9 from rubber drive shaft mounts to fiberglass disc mounting system. Could someone give me a pic of what order the disc, spacers and washers go together on the engine and gear box. Thanx 

16012304663927499387853080383770.jpg

Here's a pic of my B-110 engine/drive shaft connection:

IMG_2228.thumb.jpg.a8c7fff50e2075a66a97022a876aa473.jpg

image.thumb.png.0dfdaf34695643b2901b595e41618336.png

Part number 28 is the "special" washer which has a smooth and sharp side; the smooth side is against the fiberglass disk.  

You only show 1 spacer in your pic; loosen the BGB yoke so the yoke can slide on the BGB input shaft to allow tightening the driveshaft to the engine.  Then retightened the BGB yoke.  If the yoke isn't seated far enough on the BGB input shaft, you'll have to add a washer or two at the engine end of the driveshaft.  I'd add them between the special washer and the driveshaft flange (which might require a longer bolt).  

Well I got it all hooked up, I had a ton of the special spacers on spare drive shafts laying around so I had exactly the right amount. It's nice to see this tractor going together......it's been a while just waiting on the new plunger,bushing and condenser to come in for the 23.  But I put all that in yesterday and it started and ran good so I figured I'd keep going.  Thanx for the help!!!

16012392267288993000828201418066.jpg

• Like 1

Just a note. I needed a "special washer" a while back. I took one of the ones I had to a local bolt and screw company. The sales person immediately went to the back warehouse, and came out with several of the "special washers". It would seem that the special is not so special. Double thickness washers is what she called them, complete with one smooth and one rough side. And exactly the same thickness. Think I recall around $0.06 each. OEM are several bucks plus shipping.

• Like 1

I think it is important to note that the washers are eased on one side and square on the other.  In other words, on side of the washer is rounded slightly and one is not.  The rounded side should go against the fiber disk so there is no sharp edge to cut into it as it flexes.  This is important for long life of the disk.

• Like 1