Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hub caps...has anyone seen the ones available at t

RdW

My local Simplicity Dealer says that they can still
order the hub caps (like for the Allis Big Ten).
The part number for the front is 156211 @ $13.43 each.
The part number for the rear is 154505 @ $20.75 each.
Has anyone seen these? Are they a chrome/steel hub
cap or a "plastic" replacement? I would rather not
go spend over $60 bucks on something I can not see
(or at least hear about) first.
  • Like 1

Hi Randy,yes I have ordered these hubcaps from my local Simplicity dealer. They are chromed steel and look like the one's from years ago. My 64 landlord had one on it that I could compare them to other wise like your self I didn't want to spend that kind of money for something short of junk. I have had mine 2 years now and in the winter just keep a light coat of oil on them as the salt they use in Mich. is hard on anything chrome. In the summer time to keep the grass from sticking to the hubcaps just another coat of oil and they will shine write up with a rag when you want them to. I have dented mine with use and I just get the hammer out and with a little patience I have been able to fix them write up. Good Luck->jackl-happyjack<-

Randy, I believe if you asked him nicely[he really dosen't bite at all!]our friend Jeff N. on the forum here would be glad to help you out as he is a dealer and as he claims isn't 'doing anything anyway'presently! :>) dlc
  • Like 1

If you notice those are the old original part numbers that are still current today. They are a nice chrome metal - maybe not quite as thick as the originals - and must be ordered in sets of twos.

Chrome Moon
163114 4”
156210 6”
156211 8”
1667782 10”
154505 12”

Black Acrlic
1686658 6”
1686659 8”
1686660 10”