Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Serrated Grader Blade action pix

Dutch

Dutch: Looks great! Do you have one left? Can I send the check directly to you? Will a Simplicity (front) dozer blade hitch work without modification, or what will I need to do to adapt. Thanks, Peter

Herb, ya better watch how much you stand on that blade, you;\'ll get bull legged stretching around them ther footrests. Did you do any blading with it angled 30 degrees? I did notice using mine in gravel I had no plug up problems like I did in the hard pack snow. Nice lookin yard..MPH

Just an idea 1/2in. steel shouldn't break. This & $1.00 might get you a small coffee, Maynard aka/UCD

You would have the oem blade backing it up the only thing exposed would be the teeth. This & $1.00 might get you a small coffee, Maynard aka/UCD

I agree with sharing the outdoor workload. As a matter of fact, here is a photo I just took of my wife mowing while I was inside reading this thread.......BTW, it's a 3416H w/ 60" trail mower. Brent http://ourworld.cs.com/Bcbaumer/annmow.jpg

Herb, love the pics, what do you mean if anyone cares, by the way what a handsome couple. Now about the file photo, I see beauty and loads of it, a proud woman with hands mounted firmly on the wheel, new workboots ready for mire and duty, and if im not mistaken, a can of copenhagen in her front pocket, what a woman, an inner beauty that I saw the first time I looked at Holly. Im willing to bet the woman in the photo cleans her own fish, cuts her wood, and still has time to read to the kids at bedtime. Dont waste your time wondering what she smells, consider what she smells like, sweat and determination, love and loyalty, truthfullness and mirth and beauty. I think ive had to much diet coke. Yes you two have held up way better than any tractor in my neck of the woods Herb by the way hows your health? Doug PS. no I dont know the woman in the photo.

Thanks Dutch...I look forward to seeing the hitch mods, and that's cool that you sold them all. I'm happy it was a success...perhaps it will prompt someone to start building other parts, like the R/H Lift Lever and mounting assembly...

Hi dutch is that a newer simplicity,looks like a 7016 or something i never saw anything like it on the simplicity website.thanks....mike

Hooked one of the serrated blades to an OEM grader hitch. I already have a custom hitch made to compensate for the relocated holes, but I just wanted to see how an OEM hitch would work. It fit and worked just fine. We’re having a drought in South Jersey and the ground is really hard. I tested the blade on a portion on stone and gravel that was heavy with weeds. The serrated teeth dug right in without a problem. It loosened the ground and removed 90% of the weeds. It cut as fast as the tractor would go without skipping or rising up. It really surprised and impressed me by the performance. Then I flipped the blade over and used the smooth side. Look at the photos. What do you think? http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/gb-seq1.jpg

Hey Dutch, was I on your list -- I didn't get an email, though I thought I confirmed interest when you asked originally... CRS Syndrome strikes again... Kent

Herb, Looks like Judys got her work boots on, give that woman a rest would ya. Question, when you get to the end of a row, it looks like you have rock furrows, is there also a pile of rock on the blade, i assume the fines slip through. I have what we call "class 5" a mixture of gravel and small rock, about how much space is between the teeth? Ps. I know, borrowed photo. Doug

Good call Herb, great design. I drive a d-10 cat dayinandout, I push coal with it,(you should see that blade!) sorry i had forgot you could feather with your blade. I want one. I suppose I would need a hitch for the landlord? Ps Herb, I knew that was a "file photo", and I knew a suave smooth talker like you would have nothing less than a trophy wife. However, my wife,(blonde) owns a set of workboots, even my daughter has them, I highly recommend that a whole family should have them along with leather work gloves.

how much are they shipped to Oregon, I dont think i can live without one, can you try tearing up some sod and post the results Randy

Dutch Do you think something like this would work as an addon for some one who all ready has a grader blade. They could bolt it to the two bottom holes in an OEM blade. This & $1.00 might get you a small coffee Maynard aka/UCD http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/UCD/blade%20serrated%20addon.jpg