Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ohhhh the FUN I'm having with this loader!!!!

SmilinSam

Was having such a good time with this beat up 2012 and loader running this pile of rocks around the yard I decided to haul in two truckloads of wood chips to spread around bushes, fences and other sightly places. This place is starting to look more like a park than a residence all the time. I have about 3 -4 hours on the old girl now and no oil usage or smoking. Runs up and down the hills like a champ. After running this one and the other one I have on the DA 916H, I have to think Simplicity knew what they were doing putting the loaders on gear drive machines. Alot handier in that you can control the motion of the tractor with your foot on the clutch and one hand steering while operating the loader controls with the other. Once you get into the routine everything just seems to glide right along. On the newer tractor with the hydro tranny you end up with not enough hands because you lose the foot control of the tractor motion. So.. your movement during operation are less fluid and a little more broken. I cant imagine these loaders on a 3112H, HB-112 or similar Hydro, because your hydro control lever would be on the same side as the loader controls. Seems to me it would be a bit awkward having to use the same hand for both.....could be wrong though. I'll be at it again tomorrow.....

Sam, Doesn't the 3112 or HB-112 have a clutch? My powermax tractors have a clutch I can use when I need both hands (ie. steering and loader). Powermax also has individual brakes so you can steer with them. Glad you're having fun. I'll agree it's fun moving chips around cuz they're easy to load, pick-up, dump and go get more. Lot's of action. The wife loves that! Paul

Clutching a Hydro does not yield the same results. On A hydro when you let the clutch out, even a little, you resume the same speed you had the lever set at when you pushed the clutch in. On a gear drive you have the benefit of "riding the clutch" and letting the belt slip so you can just creep forward regardless of what gear you are in. I'd like to have fun on my big ones too, but hav'nt had time to get them fixed yet. MAybe after Rhinelander.......

Sam, I agree! I like my 7010-6 for ground engaging work. I even like manual lift for precise and fast implement control. Do you really want to sell that machine? It will never be worth any less tomorrow. What's fun worth?

Dutch, doing what I do, I've learned not to get attached to this stuff. I'll have my fun with it and pass it on. Theres always something else around the corner to have some more fun with next..................

Sam, I have to agree with you on the hand control hydro problem. Don't understand why Simplicity never went to the toe-heel hydro conrtol. If I ever score a loader for my 4040 I will invent one..MPH

there was a post a while back from a guy that put the hydro control in place of one the foot brakes on his powermax type tractor.

Sam, I don't know about other hydro machines, but the powermax tractors have a belt driven hydro. The clutch adjusts the belt tension. I can ride the clutch and there's plenty of slip to give speed control with the clutch. How do the clutches work on other hydro machines? Paul

My AC 716H has a belt drive hydro I use the clutch most of the time when mowing in tight places. You can slip and drive it just like a manual tranny. Rod H.

Maybe its just me, but to me its just not the same action as on a gear drive.On my hydro the area of pedal travel where the belt actually slips is far narrower than on a gear drive leaving a lot of room for error in a tight place. paul, do you know where I can get a Onan regulator? Sandy lake was out and has not called back in 3 weeks to say whether they got any more in or not. Sam

The pedal travel on my 716H is almost identical to that of the 3 speed on my 61 Wards. Your belt may be an inch too short. There is quite a bit of leeway on my machine. Three different mounting holes for the idler. Rod H.

Sam , all this fun & yard work goin on down there, doin anything special around the mail-box?????? Just thought I"d ask.......