Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-1 or Big Ten???

I have 2 Big Ten tractors the question is, why does the model # on one say Big Ten and the other say B-1?

Ummm.. Silly question but how do you know they are both Big 10's? The one that says B-1 may be either an early B-10 (and the zero can't be read) or it may actually be a B-1. Just a question. Clayton

could someone have put a seat from a B1 onto the Big Ten? The hoods are different on a B1 compared to a Big Ten.

the one that says Big 10 on the name plate did not have a hood when I got it. But I have looked at both and there are no differences in them.

The entire front sheetmetal (including hood and dashboard), bulkhead and frame are different between the two tractors. The front axle might readily interchange, but that's about it. Compare the B-12 (same front sheetmetal as a Big Ten) with the B-1 below. I think someone may have switched out rear fenders/seat pans which brought along the ID plate with it... The rear sheetmetal might interchange, but I don't think anything on the front would. http://www.simpletractors.com/images/b-1/b1_cvr.jpg