Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

90's Broadmoor lift question

SmilinSam

Got dads late 90's Maseey "Broadmoor"

medium.DSCN2264.JPG.525b5df3dae4989c22d8

Below is the deck lift for this type of tractor. Lift lever in front of you between your legs.  Not a fan of it, because with a 44 " deck I have problems with the linkage binding, that and its just hard to lift. Harder than it should be. Worked with it  assembled in several different ways, but just isnt a great design IMO.

medium.DSCN2460.JPG.8ed88a5cc252efa83485

I have never really paid attention to the lift levers that are at the side of the footplate for use with blades and blowers. So the question is, do the blower/blade lift levers also work to lift the decks too?

Edited by SmilinSam

I don't know the answer to that specific question.  However the "J" shaped slot is prone to cracking.  So the two we had @ work back then were converted to the Landlord lift lever of that era. Which is side mounted.

18 hours ago, ShaunE said:

I don't know the answer to that specific question.  However the "J" shaped slot is prone to cracking.  So the two we had @ work back then were converted to the Landlord lift lever of that era. Which is side mounted.

All the Landlords I have had have been equipped with the electric lift option. On those, the movement bracket on the lift setup under the footplate pinned to the deck lift cross shaft  to make the cross shaft move to raise and lower the deck. I would assume that the manual lever for the landlords would hook up the same way, but dont know that for sure.

Just trying to figure out what I need to change this over. Probably a Landlord setup. Thanks for that tid bit of infodOd

Edited by SmilinSam
  • Thanks 1

Hi

been a lurker here for a while and you guys have been a big help.

Time for me to help some.  I have about the same vintage Broadmoor with the same deck lift and there is an optional lift arm for the plow / blower.

Not easy to find btw.  The landlord guys have it much easier w the electric set up.    

• Like 1