Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Ford

Amerind-MacKissic shredder-grinder

Ford
Just returned from a trip to Maine, and found a 9-P MacKissic shredder/grinder in real good shape w/the manuals and parts list and original price list that came with it. The hammers are like new. A 9P is a shredder/grinder. The 12P is basically the same machine, but with the chipper mounted on the same shaft, on the side of the hopper, with a separate chute. The P designation is followed by an "S", denoting Simplicity (or "AC" for Allis Chalmers) I believe the JD after the P is for a John Deere, and is front mounted. If anyone has a 9P or 12P, and needs any info, I have the factory drawings and parts list. I also discovered that the idler that goes on the frame to keep the tiller/shredder etc belt off the hydro oil filter was never installed. It is called a Rear P.T.O. Drive Kit. The Simplicity mfg # is 1685225 and is still available. I have one on order from Sandy Lake. Testing the shredder will have to wait until I get the idler, as my oil filter is almost worn through from the belt riding on it. (probably a good time to change the oil and filter)

nahrwoldt
I would love to have a copy of the factory drawings and parts list. Also I have purchased the idler assembly ~ 20 bucks from local dealer. Please email me. thanks, Tim