Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Single pulley snowblower hitch

Mine19821

Can anyone tell me placement on the pulley for the single pulley snowblower hitch. I have a double pulley hitch that’s missing parts. Figured I’d make the other hitch since i need the single pulley hitch anyways. 

Boy, that's tough.  If possible, see if you can borrow one to duplicate.  It's placement is hard to measure, then length and they are canted a bit I believe.

6 hours ago, Mine19821 said:

Can anyone tell me placement on the pulley for the single pulley snowblower hitch.

The attached pictures and dimensions are from a 1-pulley hitch used on 7100 Series and late model Sovereigns. If you are converting a 7000 series, the location of the pulley bracket may be located different due to wheelbase differences which will cause a difference in the plan view belt angle. I suggest welding in the new crossbar prior to removing the lower crossbar from the 2-pulley hitch.

2-Pulley Hitch FV.jpg

2-Pulley Hitch PV.jpg

2-Pulley Hitch PV2.jpg

2-Pulley Hitch.jpg

1-Pulley Hitch.jpg

1-Pulley Snowblower.jpg

Edited by Bill725
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bill725 said:

I suggest welding in the new crossbar prior to removing the lower crossbar from the 2-pulley hitch.

Great advice. 

I had "my" welder (a neighbor friend) modify a 2 pulley hitch for me as I directed.  My first instruction was to cut off the bottom cross piece at the side.  After the first cut and that side of the hitch fell off, I realized that was a dumb first step.  dz

After that experience, he paid more attention to my instructions before executing them.  sm00

• Haha 2

To enhance @Bill725 pics above, I'll add this one:

IMG_5394a.jpg.249786ed913bf7da734fdea2ab600a97.jpg

Also in Bill's "tunnel" pic above, notice the hub position of the driven pulley on the snowblower head - it's outboard, opposite of the 2 pulley hitch setup.  

If the hub isn't located correctly, that expensive long belt usually doesn't last very long.  

Edited by PhanDad
spelling

• 1 month later...

Have a question did you modify the double hitch or are you still looking for a single one. I have been looking for a double one, maybe we can work something out

On 1/24/2021 at 4:45 PM, dayardguy said:

Have a question did you modify the double hitch or are you still looking for a single one. I have been looking for a double one, maybe we can work something out

Gave the blower away. 

9 hours ago, dayardguy said:

Ok sorry being so late to help you

Nope nothing to be sorry for. A lack of snow in my area has made a down turn in the market.