Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Brinly Hitch

KSever

Does anybody have the deminsions of the Brinly hitch. Diameter of the hitch pin, length of hitch, any measurements would be appreciated. Going to weld up a hitch for my tractor if I can get the right measurements. Kris

There's a dimensional drawing for old Landlords/Sovereigns/B-series in the Parts >> Drawings section on Simple trACtors...

Thanks Kent, Looks real easy to make I was just wondering as to why these hitches are so expensive on Ebay. They are so simple looking.I don't think there is over $10 in material to make this. Kris

I just ordered one from my simplicity dealer. It is not available as a complete unit,but you can order the individual parts. alot cheaper than they are going for on ebay. This & $1.00 might get you a small coffee Maynard aka/UCD

To someone collecting Original Equipment, how it works matters a lot less than other things, from what I've seen. Things like paint and decals, on the other hand.... I made an attachment for my rear lift that's nothing more than a 1" bar ground down enough to fit a grab hook(or anything else with that throat size) onto the end. I fit a length of chain onto my mouldboard plow and cultivator. I use the hook and chain to lift the implement. It works just fine lifting the attachment with the sleeve hitch, just as well as the hitches on e-Bay and lots cheaper. BUT... it's not what the factory put out 20, 30, 40 or more years ago. Does anyone think I could get $100 each just for their functionality??? When anyone can go get a length of 1" bar stock and do it at home with a bench grinder and a drill??? If so, e-mail me and I'll crank them out day and night to satisfy demand... lol!! BTW, this is a joke so please take no offense,,, and don't contact me about making them either... lol ]:-)

John The part numbers i have got for the major parts are 1603312 clevis assy (the main part)$64.67 1603816 plate stabilizer 1603321 pin hitch 1604348 rod lift 157631 yoke end adjust The rest of the parts are pins,washers,cotter pins 2 5/8 x 2 1/4 bolts and nuts 1 1/2x20 jamnut. total around $100.00 some of the part numbers have been changed i am not shure which ones these are the ones i gave the dealer and he looked up superceeded numbers. This & $1.00 might get you a small coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Good idea Maynard, I think I will check into it at the local dealer here, but will probably have to go to the dealer farther away as this closer dealer doesn't seem to want to look anything up. Too small of a part for him. He would rather sell me a new tractor. In fact he hadn't even heard of a Landlord 101. What's up with that?

the small parts are what sells big tractors he don't want to give good service on the small stuff would look to me like he lost a big sale. This & $1.00 might get you a small coffee Maynard aka/UCD