Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

720nut

Back in time

720nut

So couple years ago thought I was out of the hobby , but look what followed me and wife home yesterday

620  Allis Chalmers and what I belive to be a 9020 Simplicity ?

We got home late last nite and didn't think to cover them , 1" of snow, now raining and freezing, gotta get a tarp on them and when it clears I'll uncover.

DSCN4005.JPG

DSCN4004.JPG

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

ShaunE
21 minutes ago, 720nut said:

So couple years ago thought I was out of the hobby , but look what followed me and wife home yesterday

620  Allis Chalmers and what I belive to be a 9020 Simplicity ?

We got home late last nite and didn't think to cover them , 1" of snow, now raining and freezing, gotta get a tarp on them and when it clears I'll uncover.

Welcome Back!  Although I'm not even close to being surprised.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

720nut
1 hour ago, PhanDad said:

He still loves those big boys!

I always have , new when I sold the others I'd regret it.

3 hours ago, ShaunE said:

Welcome Back!  Although I'm not even close to being surprised.

now all I need id those pieces back , Ha, Ha

1 hour ago, PGL said:

Looks like a few extra pieces there too.  Should be less frustrating to get a good running machine or two than it has been to get that puller to do what it should/can do.

Yep , maybe be project that I've always wanted to do. Pulling tractor may go by-by

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

720nut
11 hours ago, MercerRec said:

Couple years ago I named the pic “The End” as those 720’s rolled out.   Looks like it was only Part I.

Gotta say it was a hard time to watch them pull out of the driveway, was amazing what this gentleman got on that trailer

DSCN2467.JPG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

720nut
14 hours ago, Chris727 said:

Nice haul Lloyd! Yep, very few have managed to quit this hobby for some reason, seems to be incurable. 

Now I have everyone wanting to sell me there's, go figure?  Do however believe it may be a lot harder finding a attachments this time around.

A lot more involved in the Powermax series than when I first started collecting them

• Like 2

720nut

Been working on the 9020 and got it running , runs like a top, strong hydro, I'll decide in next few weeks as to whether I'll keep it or not. I bought them for the 620 

No secret I prefer the Allis over the Simplicity's, just love the styling. I could find or trade Simplicity hood and dash panel, for a Allis hood and dash panel I'd keep it

• Like 1

720nut

9020 all done and set up with the 3 Point mower, It's been put away waiting for the grass to grow and see if my mower actually will work , ran fine in the garage after a bunch trying to tell me the pump wouldn't handle it

DSCN4048.JPG

• Like 6

ShaunE
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2021 at 6:06 AM, 720nut said:

ran fine in the garage after a bunch trying to tell me the pump wouldn't handle it

Don't feel bad.  Sundstrand themselves told Steve Brown the pump wouldn't adequately supply a GM power steering unit.  He & Mike showed them....  About 20 times over.

But that does seem to be one heck of a load.  Might have to run in a lower gear if the grass gets too tall.

Edited by ShaunE
  • Like 2

720nut
20 hours ago, ShaunE said:

Don't feel bad.  Sundstrand themselves told Steve Brown the pump wouldn't adequately supply a GM power steering unit.  He & Mike showed them....  About 20 times over.

But that does seem to be one heck of a load.  Might have to run in a lower gear if the grass gets too tall.

Yea , seems to be the consenses, everyone believes what they hear, instead of what they see , I really don't recall to many ever trying to do anything with the pumps. It runs with no effort what so ever other than has to have a little throttle which is exactly what other attachments need. Now for the snow to disappear and bring on the grass.

I feel it's no big deal if for some reason it don't work , I'll just add a hydraulic pump to run it and maybe a few other attachments either way I do have a dual remote that I've not seen done on others so the possibilities are endless from my view point. 

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• rocks70
    • dhoadley
    • rokon2813
    • dynodave
  • Today's Birthdays

1. davidmoll
      davidmoll
      (61 years old)
    2. Mikethemasher
      Mikethemasher
      (50 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• SonOfCreepfeed

SonOfCreepfeed

Thinkin' about this old girl.

· 1 reply
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts