Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Back in time

720nut

So couple years ago thought I was out of the hobby , but look what followed me and wife home yesterday

620  Allis Chalmers and what I belive to be a 9020 Simplicity ?

We got home late last nite and didn't think to cover them , 1" of snow, now raining and freezing, gotta get a tarp on them and when it clears I'll uncover.

DSCN4005.JPG

DSCN4004.JPG

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, 720nut said:

So couple years ago thought I was out of the hobby , but look what followed me and wife home yesterday

620  Allis Chalmers and what I belive to be a 9020 Simplicity ?

We got home late last nite and didn't think to cover them , 1" of snow, now raining and freezing, gotta get a tarp on them and when it clears I'll uncover.

Welcome Back!  Although I'm not even close to being surprised.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like a few extra pieces there too.  Should be less frustrating to get a good running machine or two than it has been to get that puller to do what it should/can do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhanDad said:

He still loves those big boys!

I always have , new when I sold the others I'd regret it.

3 hours ago, ShaunE said:

Welcome Back!  Although I'm not even close to being surprised.

now all I need id those pieces back , Ha, Ha

1 hour ago, PGL said:

Looks like a few extra pieces there too.  Should be less frustrating to get a good running machine or two than it has been to get that puller to do what it should/can do.

Yep , maybe be project that I've always wanted to do. Pulling tractor may go by-by

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, MercerRec said:

Couple years ago I named the pic “The End” as those 720’s rolled out.   Looks like it was only Part I.

Gotta say it was a hard time to watch them pull out of the driveway, was amazing what this gentleman got on that trailer

DSCN2467.JPG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Nice haul Lloyd! Yep, very few have managed to quit this hobby for some reason, seems to be incurable. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Chris727 said:

Nice haul Lloyd! Yep, very few have managed to quit this hobby for some reason, seems to be incurable. 

Now I have everyone wanting to sell me there's, go figure?  Do however believe it may be a lot harder finding a attachments this time around.

A lot more involved in the Powermax series than when I first started collecting them

• Like 2

Been working on the 9020 and got it running , runs like a top, strong hydro, I'll decide in next few weeks as to whether I'll keep it or not. I bought them for the 620 

No secret I prefer the Allis over the Simplicity's, just love the styling. I could find or trade Simplicity hood and dash panel, for a Allis hood and dash panel I'd keep it

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

9020 all done and set up with the 3 Point mower, It's been put away waiting for the grass to grow and see if my mower actually will work , ran fine in the garage after a bunch trying to tell me the pump wouldn't handle it

DSCN4048.JPG

• Like 7

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2021 at 6:06 AM, 720nut said:

ran fine in the garage after a bunch trying to tell me the pump wouldn't handle it

Don't feel bad.  Sundstrand themselves told Steve Brown the pump wouldn't adequately supply a GM power steering unit.  He & Mike showed them....  About 20 times over.

But that does seem to be one heck of a load.  Might have to run in a lower gear if the grass gets too tall.

Edited by ShaunE
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, ShaunE said:

Don't feel bad.  Sundstrand themselves told Steve Brown the pump wouldn't adequately supply a GM power steering unit.  He & Mike showed them....  About 20 times over.

But that does seem to be one heck of a load.  Might have to run in a lower gear if the grass gets too tall.

Yea , seems to be the consenses, everyone believes what they hear, instead of what they see , I really don't recall to many ever trying to do anything with the pumps. It runs with no effort what so ever other than has to have a little throttle which is exactly what other attachments need. Now for the snow to disappear and bring on the grass.

I feel it's no big deal if for some reason it don't work , I'll just add a hydraulic pump to run it and maybe a few other attachments either way I do have a dual remote that I've not seen done on others so the possibilities are endless from my view point. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Well It's taken me year and a half to get back to Pa. and pickup the attachments that came with the tractors.

2  decks , there kind of ruff shape but fixable , sno-blower needs little TLC, 2 , 12" plows

Have the mule drives for everything in the truck, along with a nice shout for the blower, so will get everything unloaded shortly and see where we're at. 

DSCN4225.JPG

DSCN4224.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Not much happening here as we've been having other issues that need attention and no time for these.

Starter on the 9020 took a crap so may be a while before I can get back to them. Anyone have a bad CCKB starter, I need the end housing or complete starter.

For anyone who has contacted me about buying them , I've removed the add as I don't have time to deal with them , sorry.

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 720nut said:

Not much happening here as we've been having other issues that need attention and no time for these.

Starter on the 9020 took a crap so may be a while before I can get back to them. Anyone have a bad CCKB starter, I need the end housing or complete starter.

For anyone who has contacted me about buying them , I've removed the add as I don't have time to deal with them , sorry.

I know how it goes I have not ben able to get to my own projects lately due to being buried in work and harvest starting. makes it hard to get anything done.

• Like 2

I had not planned all the things that are happening rite now , I don't have crops to contend with (wish I did) but other thing just can't be ignored

• 3 weeks later...

620 found a new home tonite , local guy plans to restore it. 

Better as it's set in shop over a year and I've not had time to do anything to it. rather see someone enjoy it than just sit there.

That’s to bad.  But hopefully sometime soon you will have the time to build another one for yourself.  

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 7:53 PM, Justplaintim said:

020's That’s to bad.  But hopefully sometime soon you will have the time to build another one for yourself.  

let's hope things slow down , we get other issues resolved. here's hoping for a better 2022

Well 2022 didn't start out to good , lost a trans in my plow truck missed out on several thousand $ of work , not to mention $4200 to have a new trans put in.

on a good note we sold property up north , waiting for nice weather so we can pull 5th wheel out of campground and go to new campground in NE Indiana 1.5 hr drive vs 4.5 to go up north. With everything we're dealing with her dad's place we're gaining , so thankful our son is helping Joyce and I, so over whelming.

9020's setting in storage waiting for time to get a new starter installed, My Legacy axle is to the point that it no longer can be ignored, pivot bushing is apparently gone, this has been a really good tractor considering how hard I've worked it

Edited by 720nut