Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Garden Pride Riding Lawnmower

WaltB

My brother-in-law picked up a Garden Pride 7HP lawnmower that was in a trash pick-up pile by the side of road. It has the same carburetor that I need for my Briggs 191707. The head looks the same too with 9 bolts in the same configuration. I couldn't talk him in to giving the carburetor to me for my Regent 4208. He put some gas in it and that little rig hauls! Wow, what a find. Here's some pics at the URL shown. BTW does anybody know who, what and where mfg etc. about this mower? Any help or wisdom would be greatly appreciated.[A href='http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/thedigitalzeus/garden_pride/index.html']http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/thedigitalzeus/garden_pride/index.html[/a]

One man's trash is another man's treasure. I don't have any information about the mower but I did enjoy the story. Scot

May not be exactly the same engine but may fit. I am currently running a 10 Hp Kohler head on a12 Hp Kohler engine. Smaller combustion chamber and higher compression, but runs great. Rod H.

I rememer hearing the name Garden Pride when I worked in the industry. I believe it was a private label for a retailer, maybe Gambles. That unit looks like it might have been made by Murray or Huffy. I'm not sure, too many years have passed. Jeff Snyder

Update! First thanks for replies. Well, I helped my brother-in-law with his project of setting-up an above ground pool. I just helped him lay-out the stakes, line and I used my line-level to show him what he has to do to get the ground level. He did the digging while I played with my tractor in my garage next door. Well, I talked him into letting me "borrow" the Garden Pride for a "few minutes" while I swapped carburetors. Actually, I just put his carb on my engine AND connected his gas line to it and my 8HP Briggs came to life! This was important because this was the first time it was running since I started tinkering with it a week or so ago. It was a strange sight, the Garden Pride snuggled close to the Regent. I had to jack up the Graden Pride high in the air to get its gas tank high enough for the gravity to work on the gas supply. Anyway all of that worked but it looked weird for awhile. When I was done, I had to put everything back on his tractor because he came over and told me that he just sold it for $500. I said "you gotta be kidding!". He just stared at me. I drove his tractor/lawn mower back to his yard and covered it up the way he had it. The hot muffler burned a precision hole through the blue tarp cover but what the heck, its covered. Well, the next day I bumped into him again and this time he told me he had just sold it for $275! He keeps selling it for less but it never goes anywhere! Maybe his carburetor will runaway someday and find a good home...next door.