Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

a_sannine

AGCO Allis 2025

a_sannine

From original owner, comes with a complete vacuum system.

all original manuals .

seems to be well cared for .

this kinda model is new to me , usually I play with older machines .

couldn’t pass this beast.

what can u tell me about it ?

Thanks 

AA891DE5-0974-4456-B2A8-A0062E98E5D3.jpeg

Edited by a_sannine
  • Like 1

720nut

Sannine, I have same tractor with a loader , has been one heck of a unit as I work the dog crap out of it , good machine .

Not built quite as heavy as the earlier models, IMO,  but still a good tractor.

• Like 1

a_sannine
1 hour ago, 720nut said:

Sannine, I have same tractor with a loader , has been one heck of a unit as I work the dog crap out of it , good machine .

Not built quite as heavy as the earlier models, IMO,  but still a good tractor.

720nut thanks for your input.

as everyone knows I like the older 80’s to mid 90s machines.

couldn’t pass this after I knew it has a 25 Kohler Command that runs like a Swiss clock at 1030 hours .original owner stopped it as he had a problem with steering  , locked shut , won’t steer a hair , so I am gonna run a subject in the right section about it .

on the other hand I was impressed  how well built it is , every thing on it frame and body  built with quality.

any ways i got to start the diagnosis  to  see what’s up with steering wheel locked tight like that , even tho tractor runs great , deck goes up and down perfectly 

Edited by a_sannine

SmilinSam

Front ends are prone to heavy wear if not greases regularly.

Only ever seen bad engines in the air cooled versions, and thus far the ones I have seen personally were likely  from neglecting maintinance and or leaking valve covers gummig up the cooling fins and never being cleaned.

Heard of an occasional bad steering control valve, but never run across one myself.

Seen a few with bad tilt steering systems..Has a aluminum? block in the mix that wears causing play. Hopefully crs isnt a factor here...

They made both 540rpm and 2000 rpm rear pto setups for them. Hard to find either. I got a 540, and it makes the tractor a whole new sort of useful in the rural setting I live in. I added a front weight bracket and 4-5 JD suitcase weights and pretty much use it all summer with a 48" 540 bush hog mower

RayS was making 3 point hitch frames for them at one time. I bought one and supplied some general rear lift arms and links to complete it for my tractor.

I always found the hydraulic foot control lift quite a bit less responsive than the lift on a Sunstar. Never liked using it with a dozer blade. Does not lift fast enough to push snow at speed up on top of a pile and lift the blade up as you go up on the pile with the tractor.

A whole lot more comfortable platform to mow with than a Sunstar...

SmilinSam

Hey....

I wonder what one of these would look like painted D/A green? 666

I do have a half gallon of that green here ....and a spare hood...hmmmm

• Haha 1

a_sannine
2 hours ago, SmilinSam said:

Hey....

I wonder what one of these would look like painted D/A green? 666

I do have a half gallon of that green here ....and a spare 

I  am holding you to it .

send me the green paint lol.

any ways machine up and running like new all it was the bolt unscrewed it self out jamming steering.

Sam the foot lift paddle on this one so responsive and quick .

4736A945-2289-465D-9DFF-5849292D70B6.jpeg

SmilinSam
3 hours ago, a_sannine said:

I  am holding you to it .

send me the green paint lol.

any ways machine up and running like new all it was the bolt unscrewed it self out jamming steering.

Sam the foot lift paddle on this one so responsive and quick .

I love the green enough that it will get done, but not till it warms up in April probably.  Got a running  liquid cooled Legacy parts tractor here. Was the kids. He sold the loader off it to Lloyd @720nut. Thats how I got to meet him in person. Used some parts off it to fix another that went to a friend. If I come across another one  with a blown engine I'm all set...

Had Sherwin williams here mix up a gallon of the green taking a sample part in years ago.  Its not a perfect match, just a hair lighter maybe, but close enough.. Cant give it away...I might find another green one to repaint someday..9_9

Had to ignore what I was doing to the recent DA 916, carving it up for parts... If I would have looked closer I might have had a hard time killing it off. Wasnt such a bad tractor, but till now I have never chopped a green one up. Always fixed them up.

Here is a picture of the parts tractors previous owners solution to a busted tilt steering system....

large.DSCN2509.JPG.a86a2e4febebd29a80625

A  faceplate bearing with some spacers, and secured to the dash.

As to the foot control hydro, I wonder if the mechanism isnt moving the control shaft in the valve enough ? Might have to look into that...Thanks for the info...

Edited by SmilinSam
  • Like 2

720nut
2 hours ago, SmilinSam said:

I love the green enough that it will get done, but not till it warms up in April probably.  Got a running  liquid cooled Legacy parts tractor here. Was the kids. He sold the loader off it to Lloyd @720nut. Thats how I got to meet him in person. Used some parts off it to fix another that went to a friend. If I come across another one  with a blown engine I'm all set..

Enjoyed the visit , just not enough time , would have loved staying a little longer, at least we got names with faces dOd

• Like 2

AC716
5 hours ago, 720nut said:

Enjoyed the visit , just not enough time , would have loved staying a little longer, at least we got names with faces dOd

You can remember names? Im terrible with names. I will remember your face 20 years later but take two weeks to remember you name! 666

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

720nut
6 hours ago, AC716 said:

You can remember names? Im terrible with names. I will remember your face 20 years later but take two weeks to remember you name! 666

I'm the same way , just Sam and Stephan , just good people and ya don't forget good people . I'd sure like to go back out but it's 8.5 hr drive, maybe Sam will be able to have his Ice Cream Social this year and I'll make the trip

I have to say everyone I've met on here is in my opinion good people, never found a better bunch so willing to help one another, regardless the problems always someone.

Sannine, sorry for stealing your thread, guess we got carried away 

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• SonOfCreepfeed

SonOfCreepfeed

Thinkin' about this old girl.

· 1 reply
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts