Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunstar slow to no lift.

kwt

Late model Sunstar 20. Tractor drives fine and fluid level is correct. Have never used the deck, but I have trouble lifting a 47" commercial blower. At first start, lifting is impossible. When warm, it is very slow. Trans is loaded with red fluid that intend to change for fresh typeF.  Down travel is fine. Seems like a pressure problem to me. Anybody else have this problem and fixed it? Thankfully snow has been sparse.

Had problems like this once on a 720. Turned out to be the oil filter on the transmission..Plugged up filter, or a filter that is wrong for the application can do this. Fram filters with the black grip on them are known to cause this, as they are too restrictive.

Probably what Sam said above, but could also be a leaking hi pressure RV.  On a Sovereign they are located on the charge pump block.  

5 hours ago, SmilinSam said:

Fram filters with the black grip on them are known to cause this, as they are too restrictive.

Intend to install Wix 51068 @ 7-9 gpm and 21 microns.

Edited by kwt
added details
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

Just a thought, is the lift lever connection tight to the control valve?  I know on the Sovereign setups, they can get loose and/or wallered out and perhaps not actuating the valve completely?