Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

314 allis chalmer

Doug 59

Hello everyone. New here. Bought a 314 AC with tiller attachment, I believe 1690039 wanting to replace the bearings. Does anyone have a service manual for that tiller? Or what it intails to replace the bearings?        Thanks in advance!!!!          Doug

Doug; go to Simplicity's website. There will be a category in the top line on the home page  for manuals or service help or something like that. Enter your mfg.# 1690039 and it will give you several options for downloading service and parts manuals for that tiller. They are a free download. Good luck with your rebuild.

• Like 2

On the Simplicity website, you can download the Owner's Manual & IPL. But there is also a Repair Manual available in the Downloads tab above (you have to be a club paying member to download) or there are copies on eBay.

Tiller Repair Manual 001.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome to the site Doug.  I would also recommend inspecting and possibly replacing the roller chains while you have it apart.   

• Like 2

Did the 300 series use the 1690039 tiller?  Thought the AC built 300-400 had a different lift set-up. 1 1/8" vs 1"

I know the front set-up was different.

• Like 1