Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Jjsmachines

Not a Simplicity but thought i would ask the collective

Jjsmachines

Hi all,

This is not related to Simplicity machines, of which I have gotten lots of info on here for my stable of machines.  It is about a Mitsubishi MT372 2 wheel drive diesel tractor with 3 point hitch.  I picked it up last year with only 750 hours on it and in very nice condition.  I'm on a small farm and sometimes the big Ford with loader etc is just too big for some things and the Simplicity(s). too small.  I'm just wondering if anyone here knows anything about them, is there a group like this that has a forum about them.  I have only been able to find limited info on them.  They are basically the same as a Satoh Beaver.  Belly decks were made by Haban, but I have not been able to find one without a tractor coming with it. 

Thanks,

Jonathan

• Like 2

SmilinSam
2 hours ago, spi said:

Not a Simplicity but thought i would ask the collective

Just a heads up.  That collective sounds a little commie me. ; )

Naaa....

We are the Borg...

You will be assimilated....

Resistance is Futile"

Well... the resistance part is true anyhow. Hard to resist the urge to buy more tractors....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

SmilinSam
On 1/13/2021 at 6:18 PM, Jjsmachines said:

Belly decks were made by Haban, but I have not been able to find one without a tractor coming with it. 

Other tractor brands also used the same style Haban 60" decks. Cub Cadet super garden tractors and Case/IH 235 are a couple of examples.  Decks from those and others may be close to the same thing, but the hangers and drive setup is likely different between brands.So, there is at least the possibility of fabricating the needed components using a similar deck off a different brand that might be easier to locate.

Jjsmachines

HAHAHAHAHA,  I didn't think about the borg and assimilation, that's great.  I checked out the links - thank you.  I, unfortunately, don't have the skills or equipment to fabricate hangers etc.  I wish I did.  I will keep that in mind as I do have a friend that might be able to help if he has the time.  I did find a tractor with mower deck at a some what reasonable price, but it's a fur piece of a drive and would have to wait for warmer weather and other circumstances to get better.