Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
kfran

Vapor Lock

kfran
I have a B-112 that seems to be suffering from vapor lock. I mow for awhile and the tractor stalls. Pull off the fuel line for a couple seconds and I'm good to go. The vent in the gas cap seems to be clear. Any ideas about what may be causing this? Thanks.

JonetteP
It might be that your engine is out of time. This will cause the engine to overheat and boil the carb. We ran into a situation with a 10 hp b&s that had an aftermarket ignition unit on it. It was the style that converted points to electronic without having to use the b&s system. What we found was that the ignition system was was not in proper time with the engine. No not know why for sure, but it is something to check. Also, if your carb is running ultra lean, the same thing can happen.

HubbardRA
I had a similar problem with a 12 Hp Kohler. Fuel line was no where near the muffler, since this one had a vertical stack. If I removed the line and got fuel flowing one time, then it would work fine all day. Never did figure out the problem. No longer have the engine. It could be a bad piece of rubber line. I had one on a car that would close off with running time. Replaced the line and found a flap of rubber that had been working its way to close off flow. Rod H.