Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Paint Colors

B-1 Bryan

Can anyone help me with the proper paint colors for the Simplicity tractors of the 60's? What is the most affordable quality paint to use?

Over the years I've used them all, high dollar , rustoleum , majic, you name it all depends on the final finish you want. know not much help but just my $.02

As said above it depends on how exact you want to be and what you want to spend.  Wells Implement Co has a chart  http://www.wellsimplement.com/bseries.html  for colors of the older tractors that uses automotive paint, fairly expensive.  I recently used Rustoleum Caterpiller yellow sprayed with enamel hardener added.  The color is a little off, but it seems to be an affordable durable paint.  

• Like 1

Im a rattle-can painter, I found that rustoleum 248947 chevy red-orange is a good gloss enamel for the 60s machines,while their 248941 Chevy orange is good for for the newer machines  70-80s.(4211 and 4212)I Just ordered a can of canvas white 778989 to try.... I had several cans in my stock, But family staying here got into my paints and tools.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...