Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Winter Storm Orlena Pics Wanted

PhanDad

Should be getting the first major snow storm in the Phila area after a couple years; looking forward to seat time.  Pics to follow.

sm01

Snow should be falling on some now.  Share your pics please. 

Sorry Bill , kind of fizzled out here in se Mi.  about 1.5"

For all the more we had could have used this little guy,  LOL

DSCN4059.JPG

DSCN4058.JPG

Edited by 720nut
  • Haha 2

It's just teasing here in Lancaster County:

6016f1242d8cc_IMG_27111.thumb.JPG.6a436061ef7e5a7c39345ee40323a513.JPG

But I am ready.  This is one case where I am glad for the work at home option for both my wife and myself.  Friday she got done with her travel role to supervise two Covid vaccination sites.  But I need to have my Father to his appointment Tuesday am. 

Have Silverado will travel:

DSCN0490.jpg

• Like 3

We had around 3" Sunday morning when we got up and got a 1" or so more doing the day. Our church was cancelled so we didn't need to go anyplace we got a little more snow Sunday night and it has snowed off & on this morning, I walked out to get the paper this morning we have 4" or so will fire up the snow blower after lunch today and clear the drive. 

Cleaned up from first wave here, supposed to start and be a heavy wintry mix.

IMG_2719.thumb.JPG.8ee1811b477dc6150031945830056aea.JPG

Mixed precipitation frozen on windshield.

IMG_2721.thumb.JPG.6cea708491d84317de077b66e94ba88b.JPG

Finished job for now.

IMG_2722.JPG

• Like 4

Mark we got our share before it came your way, we are supposed to get a 1" or 2" more by it coming litely so far. We got around 6" here also.

We wound up with about 13" here about 35-40 miles east of Midtown Manhattan...I know that about another 35 miles east of me  only got a few inches and some rain...temp just got to 32* here

Weather nation just said Jersey got 30" you guys wanting to play out there should get your fill by time it winds down, have fun be safe.

• Like 1

Bill,

Daughter moved to North Wales beginning of Jan.  She sent me a text last night showing a foot of snow.

What about your area?

Greg, 

Woke up this morning to about a foot; been out shoveling a bit until it started raining again.

60195311a88c5_IMG_06451.thumb.JPG.3edd6fe796d9358b05918f9e590e0e8f.JPG

A most unusual storm.  Woke up yesterday morning to about 4" of snow.  Then an off again, on again mixture of sleet and light rain until late afternoon.  Then last evening and overnight had 8-10" of snow.  There is a very crusty layer an inch or two above grade.  

Allentown, about 50 miles north was the sweet spot, they got 2 feet or so of all snow.  

Shot a couple from my bedroom window to send to my daughter in law in DC. They only got about 3". I got 6-7 here in Green Lane PA Greg knows where I live!

The image 33 i sthe snow laden fir tree on Tuesday AM, the second Image 33 is a shot of the woods between the fir and the garage roof

My neighbor came down with his JD backhoe to clear a bucket wide path down the 500 foot drive. Around 1:30 PM

Image032.jpg

Image033.jpg

Edited by GrincheyOne
  • Like 1

Talked the wife into recording some videos. Same camera as the one used above for the still pic.  Have no idea why the quality is so crappy.  But you get the idea of the 20HP Command doing some work:

• Like 2

Snowed all day yesterday and into the night. Wet heavy snow, by the time I got to it this AM it had settled to 8 or 10 inches. Driveway isn't frozen real well so it seemed I was blowing as many rocks as snow. The old Briggs has valve problems but it still managed to chew through it.

• Like 2