Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wheel/rim specs for Legacy XL

GregB

Getting close to pulling the trigger on replacing the Field trax ATV tires on the XL with these. 

Load range D, a bit above the puny 824 lbs/tire. 

Up to 1858, double, probably overkill, but have not found anything in between.

I use the XL for mostly loader work. 

Can anyone confirm wheel sizes and bolt pattern? 

I can see the fronts are stamped 10x6 but what about the rears?  12x10?

Do not want to have to pull the 75lb weights, and the parts lists I have seen do not spec actual wheel size and bolt pattern.

image.png.07b3840d6caedba75daea9a6c30d4f51.png

And these on the rear:

image.png.53a769388251ace6cd520752df910fc9.png

Believe all that can be bought commercially is 12 x 10 rims any thing over that is custom to the pulling tractor world

I recently tried to buy 12 x 12 rims for 26x12x12's and was told by Miller Tire that the 12 x 10's were the largest for that tire, bolt patterns the same as all lawn tractors at 4.5"   Just my $.02

Edited by 720nut

Simpletires.com

They have some other lug style for the rear that are load range D also.

Could not find a section on wheels though, unlike Miller Tire.

Guess I am going to have to pull a weight and wheel and measure the backset etc.

Greg, I can check mine later today.  Are you buying a second set of rims for the R4’s?  I used Powermax 10” front rims for one of my machines.  Perfect. 

I would like to buy a second set that way if the r-4's do not do as well on the snow, I can swap if needed.

Power max fronts, sounds like those would be easier to come up with used.

Thanks

Is that a 4WD Legacy Greg?  If so you should try to match the circumference of the replacement tires as close as possible as to the originals.  To avoid drive problems all 4WD's maintain a ratio front to back using circumference numbers (usually front is up to 5% faster on farm tractors).  On the bigger tires I look up by brand, and tread type, not all are equal just based on tire size.  If you can't find circumference chart for tire, wrap a tape measure around them.  For a better explanation do a search "lead lag ratio".

• Like 4