Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Will modern soft-sided snow cabs fit my old Simplicity 3410H?

subzero350

Has anyone tried to adapt a new snow cab (like the MTD 19B30022OEM) for use on their older Simplicity lawn tractor?  How about the Husqvarna 594008501?

Snow blowing with my 3410H in 50mph winds is no fun.

Edited by subzero350

I bought this off of ebay with the idea of adapting it to my Deere X540 rider. (A JD cab for it is over $1100!)
This is designed to attach to a walk-behind blower. Since I have one of those, too, I will (hopefully) be creative enough to be able to make mounts so they are easily transferable.
It should arrive this week. 
Stay tuned!
BTW: When I first found it, it was $108. As I came back to it over the next few days, the price kept dropping! So if it is over $85.99, click off and come back later! ;)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arnold-Universal-Cab-for-2-amp-3-Stage-Snow-Blowers-Power-Equipment-Protection/193795073041

Edited by Hick

If you can fab stuff up a bit, about anything will fit anything.  I have fit newer simplicity cabs to older tractors, and have also built one complete for an older tractor.

Steve

• Like 1

On 2/8/2021 at 10:10 PM, Hick said:

It should arrive this week. 
Stay tuned!

I'm interested to see how this turns out. I thought of doing it when they went on closeout sale last spring at Lowe's, but didn't.

Pics, please

3 hours ago, AC710 said:

I'm interested to see how this turns out. I thought of doing it when they went on closeout sale last spring at Lowe's, but didn't.

Pics, please

Go to my post in What Did You Do in the Shop Today.

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/60372-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-today/?page=61&tab=comments#comment-522688

Edited by Hick

1 hour ago, rbstuartjr said:

Just curious, is that a 2 stage blower adapted to that sovereign.

I spotted that also.  

6026ce57ed8dc_21FebInstalleda.jpg.4d2f09c82ddb687bcc7bc50267783da4.jpg

6026ce3e0ccbc_21FebInstalledb.jpg.fa671512be113168a821232607496cc0.jpg

I believe its a "newer" 46" "Prestige or Conquest" single stage snowblower adapted to fit a Sovereign.  It looks like the end of the Prestige or Conquest ladder hitch was used along with the standard Sovereign single pulley hitch to connect it.  

It would be interesting to see exactly how it was done.  

I had one at one time and decided not to mount it on my Sovereign.  If you're interested, see this post for more info:

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/38689-46-snowblower-on-sovereign-issues/  

Thank you Bill for that post. Always wondered what different mounting points were. I guess it’s possible if someone wanted to put in the time and effort.